Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
all 4 points overview from alpha13

just for fun

captainAngry

L420: High Member
Feb 1, 2009
We played this for a while last night. Everyone had a great time and the map played very well.

We didn't have any game play problems and no one had anything to say as far as what could be improved since we were all having a good time. The map is balanced and plays well for any class.

We did find one major problem. There is an area on the map where people tend to disappear. I took a pic of the area last night (I'll post it when I get home). It is an area where you run around a large bend. While in this general area, players from both your team and the other team will go completely invisible sporadically. I thought it was just me since I alt+tab a lot but everyone on the server was reporting the same issue in the same general area.

That could have caused some people to rate lower then they would have otherwise. Other than that, I think with whatever minor tweaks you are planning this thing is ready for final. It's sure to be a popular map in our regular rotation.

Lazy Eskimo

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2009
Why does the map stop once you get to first cp? There's just a path. No area for red to fall back to and still try to defend it.

The tunnels to 2nd cp are long and cramped. Soldiers are overpowered and scouts can't do much in a fight there. On the 2nd stage it needs another path from first to 2nd cp.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
We did find one major problem. There is an area on the map where people tend to disappear. I took a pic of the area last night (I'll post it when I get home). It is an area where you run around a large bend. While in this general area, players from both your team and the other team will go completely invisible sporadically. I thought it was just me since I alt+tab a lot but everyone on the server was reporting the same issue in the same general area.

as i said,my fault, wrong placed occluder. fixed that

Why does the map stop once you get to first cp?
didnt get what you are talking about

The tunnels to 2nd cp are long and cramped. Soldiers are overpowered and scouts can't do much in a fight there.

3 purpose of this tunnel:
>for red to get to point A on setup and if theres not teleporter
>for red to retreat if point is taken
>for blu to attack and to build further teleporters (thats the reason for one-way door)

there is usually no fight there,go watch demos

On the 2nd stage it needs another path from first to 2nd cp.
agree with you here, there will be another path,longer,but opened all the time for both teams can

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
first shots of the updated point C from alpha14 version

captainAngry

Feb 1, 2009
I took some notes when I played the other day. We had a fair amount of people on the server and we were never quite able to get past the second stage. A little bit more time would help.

Blue team got confused on where to go in the second stage. The door needs to be a little bit better defined so that people know where they are going right away. Even adding a sign in that room would help.

I attacked a picture of the fence I was telling you about in steam chat. There is a player clip on the top of that fence and it can stop you fro rocket jumping over that wall.

captainAngry

Feb 1, 2009
I updated to a13 and got a chance to get in at the end of a match last night. I don't know if you changed the door that I was talking about in the previous post but it seems more clear now. Maybe it's just me having played the map a few more times, I can't be sure.

The only real problem we had is that the second point in the second area has a door leading to it that can be blocked by the red team. If someone is standing outside the silver sliding door the blue team cannot enter the room.

One minor visual thing we noticed is that there was a red circle x thingy on all the doors for the red spawn (s2_cp2) for both teams. It isn't really a problem but looking at the spawn you would think you could not go in there.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
ohhh great! im rly thankful for the demo,downloading now. and thx for the feed,i rly hoped that i will push a14 before my exams, but now its clear that next version will come out only in end of june or early july, so keep a13 alive there if u can) and also hoping for more tests if possible,we need all possible stats on the first two stages

captainAngry

Feb 1, 2009
Since it has less than 20 ratings it is still going to be played during our play tests. I am going to keep recording demos during the play tests because people seem to like them (even though all talk is on and we are generally talking about bullshit).

Feel free to send me a message on steam and we can play when you are around. If people ask me I will set their map as the next map unless there are others that came before you, in which case I start a line.

This includes new versions of maps. I am perfectly willing to grab a new version of a map, upload it to the server and then set it as the next map if you are someone who I am familiar with. I am more hesitant to do this with maps we have never played before, but it depends on the map maker really.

LunchBox

L1: Registered
Jun 13, 2009
Ok so i made a quick run through of your map and i thought it looked really good. My favorite was the cave i thought you did a great job on it :D. One thing however caught my attention. You seemed to have a 1 light hanging from a vent in a room where the rest of the lights were from the ceiling. Idk just seemed a little off to me. other then that it was nice.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
yeah,thx. will fix that

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
as i am asked twice a day about why our next version is delayed, im posting one screenshot here from a14. it will be released only sometimes in july,hopefully early,as we got lots to do and not enough time for everything.

the screen represents new blue spawn area in stage2

pl

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 6, 2009
Wow, that new platform looks great! I think it'll work better :)
I also like the change to the concrete texture on the ground. It matches the industrial-type theme.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
new "spawngates" for blu are in the building on the right (only one angle see on screenshot) so it moved alot further,hopefully this will help in the area.

about concrete texture,it will remain in a14,but atm is not detailed

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
Didn't get a chance to play this one yesterday but I did grab a few demos.

well..ive actually asked admins to change to this map) so i saw what was going on) anyway,demo is helpful so thx alot) im still working on a14

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
couple new screenshot from upcomming a14