Caldera

CP caldera test1a

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
I stay by my standpoint of preferring the daytime version. The crisp colours really helped your map's original architecture stand out, while now it sort of blends in.

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
PSY, thx m8)

Tinker, hmmmm..its a cave area..but ill think of incrasing light there,making more holes

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
_test2 is already in pipes,with the upcomming release were focusing on perfomance and visuals
from the dev version we get abot 10% overall speedup and up to 50% in certain areas
(by using more areaportals,better fade tune)
also we are aiming for some layout changes for stage2. still, _test2 will likely to get stage3 cut,as its still being re-done

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
bad luck continues to follof cp_caldera lately..tm here to say that source files with the latest in-dev version of beta are gone as my both hard drives died at the same time. that happened only 2 weeks after i had to re-made _test1 cuz my main harddrive failed and copy on external drived followed it. well..i think i got some major problems with pc as it killed already 3 of mt harddrives,my NIC and one of the memory DIMMs. (also i lost my university project though it was backuped on another drive. so..sorry.. no caldera for some time at all, till i got normal pc and download my last dropbox copy, which is rather odd compared to what ive done since then.

4. Sharr: sorry,i cant enter steam as for now as the whole folder was on that damn hdd. and i wont be there for some time

Shaar

L3: Junior Member<BR>toboruin
Aug 7, 2008
Oh damn that sucks :/.

I only have the latest version on the dropbox ofcaldera. so it looks like we're gonna have to re-rework it :/.

If there's anything you want me to do =, I'll attempt to do it when I can

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
yes,shaar. stage3. in my lost-in-dev version ive actually pushed back to 2+1 cps as after D re-made we got plenty of space there. E was nearly done as an in-cave water pump, F was done in dev-textures but i planed it to be spytekish in-door facility. and last point was stll the same. also,i got 2 blu spawns there. one initial and second after capping E and F. and this all was about a week from release as _test2

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
no use,its hardware fault with spinnin-up i suppose. and yeah..it totally suck// so upset atm..

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
as this one is kinda dead im adding a custom sky to the download section

maybe anyone will need it

sky_156.jpg

LINKY

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
I hope you will sometime finish this, even with this setback. I really, REALLY liked the map at playtesting, and would hate to see this go unfinished.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
i cant say that there are any chances of that

Shaar kinda quitted mapping and im making cp_heaven

Shaar

L3: Junior Member<BR>toboruin
Aug 7, 2008
University has bogged me down, I dont have much free time nowerdays, let alone enough to create a fully functioning map. I may attempt to pick it up at another point when I have alot more free time (e.g. summer holidays). I may attempt to create a smaller map out of the decent parts of this map (E.g. like backpier or something)