KotH Brazil

Goojo

L1: Registered
Dec 5, 2012
And beaches. Everyone loves beaches.

(Yes, I searched Coastline, because if I searched Beaches, you get a lot of images of the not-so-covered people on beaches... Beach.)

But What you guys don't know and do not understand is that Brazil is not 99% forest. I am talking serious. I am Brazilian and I NEVER saw a monkey here. You guys think that there are a lot of wild animals and primates in all Brazilian streets. This is a pretty stupid map saying what I told you. At least change the name. I really hate stupid guys like who created this map with this name and who thinks what i said.
Please, stop being idiots and just trust me.

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009
Please, stop being idiots and just trust me.
Insulting people isn't the best way in getting your point across Goojo, in fact if it was me I'd never change the name just to wind you up after being spoken to like that

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
We don't "think that there are a lot of wild animals and primates in all Brazilian streets;" where did you get that idea? Just because the map is called Brazil doesn't mean it's meant to offend anyone. Does the country have jungles? Yes. Is it a cool and fitting map name? Also yes. To paraphrase Harribo from chat, "you have every right to be offended but that doesn't mean yyler has to change his map's name." This wasn't meant as an insult and if you fail to see that then I apologise, but one person misunderstanding a map name is not enough to force the author to change it.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
We better boycott 2fort too then, beacuse contrary to what the map suggests America isn't 99% farmland.

Oh, we should change Antiquity because cambodia isn't 99% ruined temples.

We should change Outback too, because Australia isn't 99% outback coal mines.

TF2 has an art style. It's not representative of real life, NONE of the maps are. The fact that you have to play a video game on them itself makes that, the art style distorts it even more. If you're offended by a custom map for a cartoon game misrepresenting your country, then you should just leave video games now. Realism isn't fun.

Last edited:

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
I'm offended by the fact that all tractors in TF2 are red. I saw a yellow tractor myself the other day and I find that this is a crass misrepresentation of my farming community background. I demand that Valve makes a yellow tractor model, as it is offensive to myself and my people.

All sarcasm aside: Like, I get that it's your nation and you don't want people getting the wrong notion of what kind of geography makes up Brazil. However, misconceptions just happen. It's a part of life. The sooner you accept that, the better off you'll be.

Goojo

Dec 5, 2012
We don't "think that there are a lot of wild animals and primates in all Brazilian streets;" where did you get that idea? Just because the map is called Brazil doesn't mean it's meant to offend anyone. Does the country have jungles? Yes. Is it a cool and fitting map name? Also yes. To paraphrase Harribo from chat, "you have every right to be offended but that doesn't mean yyler has to change his map's name." This wasn't meant as an insult and if you fail to see that then I apologise, but one person misunderstanding a map name is not enough to force the author to change it.

Just google Simpsons in Brazil or type brazil and see the images in google: jungle, jungle, favelas, wild animals, etc.

I just want you understand me and do not insult me as you did in my thread.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I understand your point, but it's simply wrong in this case; a map is not representative of its namesake. And how did I offend you? I just locked the thread to keep discussion in one place.

Also:
kCq7X.jpg

Goojo

Dec 5, 2012
I understand your point, but it's simply wrong in this case; a map is not representative of its namesake. And how did I offend you? I just locked the thread to keep discussion in one place.

Also:
kCq7X.jpg

Ok I know it is a lost of time trying to convince you guys, so i will stop here.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
You've convinced me that not all Brazilians are bright people. So don't give up man you're doing so well at being convincing!

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
By naming this map Brazil, I do not mean to imply that all of Brazil is a jungle, or that the houses in Brazil are dev textured, or that the cliffs look out into a vast, empty nothingness.

I am sorry that you took a half-finished TF2 map as my complete and total opinion on something that exists in the real world. I find it ridiculous that you came to this conclusion at all, not least of all because you don't know me at all, but also because it's a level for a cartoony video game shooter where people rocket jump and shoot lasers. Do you realize how dumb that is?

Do not suggest that I named this map as a personal insult to everyone in Brazil.

Please never bump a thread to restart a months old argument again. You are lucky I don't give you a warning or infraction.

Any further conversation along these lines will be flat out deleted. Stop clogging my thread, thank you.

T

The Asylum

Personally, I'm offended that my great nation of Canada is portrayed with highly developed urban cities. We're a barren, frozen wasteland, dammit.