Bilge

CP Bilge A1

Jivvi

L1: Registered
Jun 28, 2015
Bilge - generic embarrassing first attempt at mapping

3CP Attack/Defence where the attackers must push through all three points within a certain amount of time after capturing A. Capturing a point will add time to the attackers' timer, open some minor doors associated with that point for as long as the point is held as well as opening a large garage door that will remain open. Failing to capture the current point within the time limit will result in all three control points reverting ownership to the defenders' control, and the minor doors closing.

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
Yeah it might be more annoying than fun. I guess just test and find out! :D

I think it looks cool though, the style is pretty unique, the 3rd screenshot capture area looks pretty cool - dynamic space area with multiple heights but not too far away from combat. outside area looks a bit large, that large healthpack might be too far out and weirdly placed but I haven't played around on it so it's just from the screens.

theatreTECHIE

Yet another Techie for the net...
aa
Jun 19, 2015
I had a quick run around on your map, and the most standout thing to me is that it's over-scaled, and that there are missing textures. For the over-scaled part, some of the walls and areas could afford to be half the height they are now. As for the missing textures part, make sure that you pack your texture files when using custom textures, or other people will see a purple and black checker-box pattern.

It's certainly an interesting concept for a game mode, and just a suggestion could be to only move back one cap point at a time. (e.g. if blu cap A, they have x amount of time to cap B before red regains ownership of A, and if blu cap B, they have x amount of time to cap C before the ownership of B reverts to red, but blu still has ownership of A) Just an idea, but this is all up to you.

Jivvi

Jun 28, 2015
I had a quick run around on your map, and the most standout thing to me is that it's over-scaled, and that there are missing textures. For the over-scaled part, some of the walls and areas could afford to be half the height they are now. As for the missing textures part, make sure that you pack your texture files when using custom textures, or other people will see a purple and black checker-box pattern.
I repeated the packing process a couple of times over because weird things were happening and I had thought that I'd finally got a nice functioning bsp, but I suppose i have in fact not done so. If it's the rock walls that are missing textures those seemed to be wrong after building cubemaps but they were gone after I restarted my game and I couldn't for the life of me work out what was wrong with it.
I did think that some of the areas may be quite overscaled, so I'll probably fiddle with heights and stuff before actually submitting it to a test.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
A common mistake I see when people pack content into their maps is that they store all the custom content in tf/custom, when actually it should be in the tf folder itself. It's possible you've done that as well. I did it once. :~)

Also, a reliable way to check if your content is properly packed is to use the console command sv_pure 2, then run your map. This command disables all custom content that is not packed into the BSP, so if you see errors then you've not done it right.

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
Also, a reliable way to check if your content is properly packed is to use the console command sv_pure 2, then run your map. This command disables all custom content that is not packed into the BSP, so if you see errors then you've not done it right.

Including this, might also want to put mat_specular 1 before loading the map in order to see cubemap faults on surfaces like glass, gold chips texture, and similiar. Also should be remembered that the cubemaps fault can be found in HDR and LDR, if you haven't build for both, you won't see cubemaps failing without mat_specular 1 and loading the map with HDR enabled and disabled.

As for map, i really like the idea of this map. Not the point winning but the visual side when i look at the map name. Nice things could be done with this theme.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Excited to see my custom cap sign put to good use!

Then again, now that I think about it, I think I might've made the sign files work in the wrong directory ("custom"), so. :psyduck:

Jivvi

Jun 28, 2015
Excited to see my custom cap sign put to good use!

Then again, now that I think about it, I think I might've made the sign files work in the wrong directory ("custom"), so. :psyduck:
I totally forgot to try and keep tabs on the creators of the stuff I was using. Sorry about that. (I'll do it eventually).

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
I totally forgot to try and keep tabs on the creators of the stuff I was using. Sorry about that. (I'll do it eventually).

Oh, np! I'm just worried you might have to edit one of the files a little bit for the proper directory (tf rather than tf\custom).

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Can you release that pipe you made as a prefab?

Jivvi

Jun 28, 2015
Can you release that pipe you made as a prefab?
I'm afraid you may not find much practical use for the exact set of brushes I've used since it's only hollow as far as the waterfall reaches back, and most of the brushwork is fairly scrappy anyway. Later on I might neaten up the hidden parts and possiblyrounden the ringy things. If you want the dimensions, it's 384 units across the diametre, the arch brush is 16 units thick and the entire visible pipe is 1744 units long.