CTF Aurora

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
I played Aurora yesterday - with people who usually hate CTF.
They enjoyed it, even though we were only 4vs4 and it was quite hard to defend (of course). They told me they were looking forward to play it with more people :)

The only problem is that thay didn't understood the objective at first, until I explained it to them. I think your map could benefit from an intro movie, like the one in Waste, for example !

Schmoe

L2: Junior Member
May 18, 2008
The only problem is that thay didn't understood the objective at first, until I explained it to them. I think your map could benefit from an intro movie, like the one in Waste, for example !

this and....

need to optimize the map to get it above 35 fps on my fairly fast dual proc, 8800 gt sli system.

regardless it's an awesome map (sent from my in-game browser).

Ankh

L3: Member
Sep 18, 2008
Tried it, had a bit of fun, though there were very few of us
I found out as a spy you can cloak in time to not get killed by the sentries and with the CnD you can just sit there for as long as you want. You can also disguise as someone on the other team and not get shot
But in general the map was pretty, barring a few odd things like the hut at the centre having a chimney but no fireplace and the storage area at Red Spawn looks like you should be able to enter it, however the clipping prevents it in an odd way - maybe if the yellow and black bar was lowered slightly it might make more sense. Similarly no decals show up if you shoot the barrels within. it's nothing major, and I think I just noticed it because we were messing around though.

overall though an interesting concept and a pretty map (I could look at that aurora for ages) and I'd love to play a proper game of it

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
Posting in the thread just incase if you forget the pictures

ctf_aurora_rc0000.jpg

Snow on the windows. You can do it to every window with snow.
ctf_aurora_rc0001.jpg

ctf_aurora_rc0002.jpg

ctf_aurora_rc0003.jpg

ctf_aurora_rc0004.jpg

ctf_aurora_rc0005.jpg

ctf_aurora_rc0006.jpg

Xanoxis

L1: Registered
May 28, 2013
Download is broken... I want to upload it to server but I cant find it anywhere.

Kraken

Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess
Dec 21, 2014
Hey I know this map might be dead but how is that sky made?
Custom skytexture or creative lighting?

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
It's a displacement with a cycling texture, I'm pretty sure.