CP ArtPass_Treythepunkid

treythepunkid

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 8, 2008
Doesn't the platform work as a good sentry nest? It's a sufficient high ground for the room as well.

Well you would think that, but im just trying to stick true to Valves original design.

aSZFG.jpg

And its really only a place for attackers to push, i don't think sentrys are going to be build there to often.

NOW ON TO MORE OF THE MAP!

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
It might be high ground, but I still think you need to justify it being there - which you have done now :)

Good luck with the rest of your map o/

treythepunkid

Sep 8, 2008
Hey guys, sorry but i haven't had much time lately to work on the contest. Real life stuff got in the way, and severally crippled the few hours a day i have to work on the map.

Here is a screen shot showing what i plan to do. Its ugly as sin right now, but i would hate to go so long without updating you guys.

vQ37d.jpg

Peligrino

L1: Registered
Jun 25, 2010
IMO angle one of the robots, it just seems weird if they are both facing the same way. Otherwise all I can say is that I really really really want to play this map. And steal your modeling skills.

(Also just realized. Your probably not done that section yet, but it seems like the cart doesnt have anywhere to go! No tracks, gate, etc. The door doesnt count casue' thats unrealistic.

Mr. P. Kiwi

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 22, 2009
I don't know why, but it seems that half of the robot's shadow is facing one direction and his arm's shadow facing the other. You might want to figure out why and fix that.
The map still looks awesome!
Keep up the great work!

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
I think it would make more sense for the robots to be mining away from the window, though I realise this would hide some of the details, you could try angling them in a certain way...

treythepunkid

Sep 8, 2008
Hey guys, i wasn't liking how the generator was sitting there. I thought about my theme more and realized that a generator could really be anywhere, not just a high industrial weapons factory.

So i thought up some more ideas of what would really be in the "Mann Co" factory and set off to make this.

jwNiz.jpg

bGlHK.jpg

Basically it is a series of thick/thin/90 degree turning roller conveyor belts that i made. For the time being the boxes are just mining boxes. They will be changed into Mann Co labeled boxes.

Thats all for now!

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
A hook, and something else that would line up to the side of the platform, but be moved off to the side (like a platform with cables that would be used to transport materials, but for the time being is to the side and not being used).

For the gen, the colors to me are too bright, they stick out a lot, and not in a good way darken the reds. And personally, not feeling the robots.

Overall your detailing is fantastic though, it is seriously some of the best I have seen.

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
that looks cool, and while it is a side room, won't the moving box confuse people (at first) ?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
FYI you can update your OP with images (even if you've not updated the map version). Saves people sifting through 10 pages of thread discussion just to get a glimpse of semi hidden map screen shots.

treythepunkid

Sep 8, 2008
FYI you can update your OP with images (even if you've not updated the map version). Saves people sifting through 10 pages of thread discussion just to get a glimpse of semi hidden map screen shots.

My bad, thanks for the tip!

Vergil

L1: Registered
Jul 31, 2010
Registered to say this:

I love the amount of work going into your map. The gears, pistons and box rail especially. I love, especially on Valve maps, the little 'out of reach but not out of sight' areas. Like the offices you can't get into and the giant room visible through the window in the 2fort basement. Some of the brilliance of these maps is how the secret organizations are hidden behind these paper-thin disguises and I think you're capturing these feel well.

*stops gushing*

One question: What was originally in the place were you have the generator? Would be a large gameplay change if that was empty space.

treythepunkid

Sep 8, 2008
Registered to say this:

I love the amount of work going into your map. The gears, pistons and box rail especially. I love, especially on Valve maps, the little 'out of reach but not out of sight' areas. Like the offices you can't get into and the giant room visible through the window in the 2fort basement. Some of the brilliance of these maps is how the secret organizations are hidden behind these paper-thin disguises and I think you're capturing these feel well.

*stops gushing*

One question: What was originally in the place were you have the generator? Would be a large gameplay change if that was empty space.

Thanks man, i'm glad you like it!

To awnser your question, this is what was originally there.

aSZFG.jpg

This is the unedited version of the art pass map.

Here is what i have done (so far).

ynkTI.jpg

I'm really trying my hardest to stick to the original as much as I physically can.

Goombac

Mar 27, 2010
I wouldn't worry about all the animated props, as long as they aren't all in one place and right in the middle of the playing area. I'd say the conveyer belt is fine. Although I think it should go slower and maybe two at a time, although that might be too distracting and maybe cause lag issues.

treythepunkid

Sep 8, 2008
Quick update!

I made a crane to hang over the box rollers, but i might have to size it down a bit. Seems to big. Also the texture is just base colors so bare with me for a sec. Also the shadow seems off as well, will fix that.

RVPw4.jpg

I also made my own version of concretefloor007 and made it more "warm" to help fit with the floor around it.

pkbqg.jpg

Thats all for now!