CP Artpass - DaBeatzProject

IrishTaxIDriver

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 27, 2008
Whys everyone cutting the death pit out? It makes the area completely non-threatening and just wide and flat. Please, put the death pit back in!

ANova

L7: Fancy Member
Jul 16, 2009
Dear Beatz
If you don't get this baby cooked and finished I'm going to have to kill you

Love, Nova

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
New screenshots are looking nice (go look at page 14 guys beatz updated his post :p)! :D
I would not be able get this far with that whole part in 2-3 days. o_O But it's probably better to first try and get the map ready so you can atleast submit is. :3

Sep 12, 2008
It's over! IT'S FINALLY OVER! Thank you guys so much for the support and fine critics!
Special thanks to: Hanz, Mangy, YM, and everyone else I might have forgotten.

You can find the download link here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/642432/artpass_dabeatzproject.zip

Here are some more screenshots for those who are to lazy to download and play the map.

artpass_dabeatzproject0009.jpg

artpass_dabeatzproject0008.jpg

artpass_dabeatzproject0007.jpg

artpass_dabeatzproject0006.jpg

artpass_dabeatzproject0005.jpg

artpass_dabeatzproject0004.jpg

artpass_dabeatzproject0003.jpg

artpass_dabeatzproject0002.jpg

artpass_dabeatzproject0001.jpg

artpass_dabeatzproject0000.jpg

I'm gonna take a short time to write my personal experiences about this whole artpass contest: Overal, I am not happy with how this turned out. Not the contest in general, that was a great idea, but I mean my personal results. My whole map is just a mess of different styles and weird buildings.
Many of the ideas were already done in my head - and I completely forgot about the deadline that was nearing faster than I could expect. But yeah, I also learnt a lot of new stuff though! And working crazy fast like this once more? Nevar!

But most of all: thank you guys again for all the support! Couldn't have finished this without you :)

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I'm gonna say the same thing about this map as i have about most of the entries. playerclips. Where are they? I snagged myself so many times on things jutting out of walls.

This also applies to the ceiling. I bumped my head against almost every lamp and truss.

Also your map was pretty sniper friendly. "A" particularly has low cover/roofs seperating it from BLU spawn, which players heads pop over. It was like a shooting gallery.

Your map also suffers the same as Ace's in that it's difficult to disdinguish between accessible ledges and non-accessible ones.

Sep 1, 2009
I wish to say something to! The ramp which is by A the small plank of wood if you fall between that wood and the wall you are trappd there with no escape unless you can rocket jump.