aa
Apr 9, 2008
(Just about) Subliminal messages? Ban, ban, ban! :p

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Well we had a test today.
  • You need to do something about the meatfest of a mid - may I suggest some cover on the bottom area? Some crates or something
  • Please make the mid less bumpy or something, it felt unnatural.
  • Lack of ammo - As a ninja engineer that eventually got out our base, I found it hard to find but 1 ammo small ammo pack.
  • Clipping - As you probably know, there were rather a lot of clipping errors, so make sure you get them fixed up for a8
  • Teams locking each other in - Add another spawn, somewhere away from where the spawn is now (I'm thinking the near the room with the desk maybe?)

Apart from that I kinda enjoyed it.

EDIT: The intel and that area seems fine as it is, no one sentry can lock the place down, even when we had 3 or 4 the other team came in and started to lock us down.

zpqrei

Theme Changer Extraordinaire
aa
Oct 19, 2008
ALASKA (CTF)
(ctf_alaska_a7)

Gametype: Standard CTF
Players: 2-24 (32 max)
Author: Tom "zpqrei" Pritchard
Contributors: Tim "YM" Johnson
  • Anton "DaBeatzProject" Lecock
  • Frazer "Midget31394" Grant
  • Billy "MrBlob" Hicks
  • Aidan "Owlruler" Currah
E-mail: Here
Version: Alpha 7.
Download: Link

Changelog:

11th April 2010: Alpha 7.
  • Fixed PackBSP fail (Alpha 6 only released on TF2M EU server).

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
The map is small.

There's almost no time to react to an assault, especially if most of your team dies trying to grab the intel. 12 vs 12 would just be madness if 8 vs 8 was any hint of whats to come in a full server.

Our team totally steam rolled today, something like 17 - 2. The small size means any team that dominates is going to have total map control.

It's not obvious where the intel is supposed to go, i kept running it into that building next to the truck with the spytech table similar to 2fort.

It would have been interesting to see how engineers performed, but stangely enough, despite the fact that latter half of the game resulted in spawn camping, i don't think there were any.

There needs to be a buffer between no-mans land with the intel, and the capture area, because right now it's just 2 short corners unless you choose to go through the building by their spawn exit. Also, make the capture area more obvious. hazard strips on the floor is not enough, especially when players are assaulting from the low ground and the fact the cap zone is so small.

So:

• capture area needs to be more obvious (Signs).
  • move spawn back from high traffic areas to reduce capacity for spawn camping. If the objective is closer, players will prioritise the objective.
  • probably change that spytech room with the spytech table around so it's less spytechy, as it looks like the cap area.
  • Provide a buffer between no-mans land and the cap area. captures are less likely to be ninja caps and provide time for a team to react to assaults. Not to mention give spawning players the chance to intercept.

Last edited:

zpqrei

Theme Changer Extraordinaire
aa
Oct 19, 2008
ALASKA (CTF)
(ctf_alaska_a8)

Gametype: Standard CTF
Players: 2-24 (32 max)
Author: Tom "zpqrei" Pritchard
Contributors: Aaron "Psy" Garcha
  • Anton "DaBeatzProject" Lecock
  • Frazer "Midget31394" Grant
  • Billy "MrBlob" Hicks
  • Aidan "Owlruler" Currah
E-mail: Here
Version: Alpha 7.
Download: Link

Changelog:

4th May 2010: Alpha 8.
  • Major gameplay overhaul (again >.>).
  • Now follows the regular CTF Standard (again >.>).
  • Now has a sawmill theme.