A poll for the latest contest.

What gamemode are you doing for the current competition?

• Total voters

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
Ctf. Linear asymmetrical maps are easier for me to work with, anyway.

Gaw

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 21, 2009
Voted plr. However, it is not 100% I am doing a map, but most likely.

MungoKing

L3: Member
Jul 12, 2008
Wow, imagine if all these contest entries actually went all the way through and got to beta for judging. Can you imagine 45 entrants? :O As awesome as that would be I doubt that will happen. Not to be pessimistic but personally I believe 10+ will drop out.

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
25 plr maps?
Well... where are they? I don't see all that many in the showcase forum, I posted mine even though it's not available for download. I would love to see some more of em around (I love following map developments, from square 1).

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
25 plr maps?
Well... where are they? I don't see all that many in the showcase forum, I posted mine even though it's not available for download. I would love to see some more of em around (I love following map developments, from square 1).

presumably some people either want to keep their work private until they're satisfied with it or have simply not got to a point where they need to make it public yet

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Wow, imagine if all these contest entries actually went all the way through and got to beta for judging. Can you imagine 45 entrants? :O As awesome as that would be I doubt that will happen. Not to be pessimistic but personally I believe 10+ will drop out.

Atleast half the people dropped out of the single stage payload competition, and of the 8 entrants 4 had had the luck of having already had PL maps in the works. The CP/CTF seems a lot more basic in terms of level design so i can see these maps being more of a success when reaching the final stages of the competition.

I also fear that although plr maps may vary in design they will end up incredibly samey in how they play. If this is the case then several plr maps may not be the answer the custom map community was looking for in terms of fresh maps that may make stock some day. But i guess this arguement could be said for every game mode.

MungoKing

L3: Member
Jul 12, 2008
25 plr maps?

Until recently I had barely any time at all to work on my contest entry so there wasn't really anything to show. And I usually prefer to wait until I have an entire map done before releasing it. Don't expect any plr_cooldudemap_s1a1 out of me :p