A note on stepping down from staff and the mess of this contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
lolz...so...what are we at so far? 6 people quitting staff total?
Dox
Mangy (pretty sure he was staff at some point)
Shmitz (same as mangy)
zpqrei
booj
YM

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
lolz...so...what are we at so far? 6 people quitting staff total?
Dox
Mangy (pretty sure he was staff at some point)
Shmitz (same as mangy)
zpqrei
booj
YM

Dox and mangy haven't been staff for ages. They left waaaay back.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
...and ryodoan.

But i honestly didn't expect a thread like this about it. Certainly not in the public space.

People have pushed for this contest to finish ASAP. I think it's a little unrealistic having a contest that involves a lot of work last for several months, then the voting process for so many maps which is also a lot of work... last a week, or even a fortnight. Yea, we get it, people are bored of ctf and competitive arguements, but that's no excuse to just abandon this project that people have already put so much effort into right at the last minute.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
but that's no excuse to just abandon this project that people have already put so much effort into right at the last minute.

jfyi it hasn't been abandoned at all. I'm just no longer part of the staff.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
jfyi it hasn't been abandoned at all. I'm just no longer part of the staff.

Heeeh, ok. I guess that was a silly assumption, even though this contest appears to be your reason for leaving.

edit:
snacks
grazr
ravidge
icarus
flame

THESE PEOPLE WOULD BE GOOD STAFFS O:

Thanks, but flame's too narcissistic to be let anywhere near power, especially in a community he doesn't understand. He's helpful enough right where he is.

Last edited:

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
snacks
grazr
ravidge
icarus
flame

THESE PEOPLE WOULD BE GOOD STAFFS O:
agree about everyone, but flame.
we arent accepting new people because it would be unfair to anyone who would be chosen to be part of the staff right now.

Nov 14, 2009
TPG for staff.

It feels like its time to elect a new class president :p

The Political Gamer
His name has politics in it. He must be good.

Flame

aa
Jul 19, 2009
id like to clarify that i wouldnt want to be staff... after watching youme rip his hair out the past 2 months and this week with the idiocy that is the carrying out of the ctf contest, its just a joke. Theres a reason everyone is stepping down, it obviously isnt fun, worthwhile, or rewarding.

also grazr, c0m3 seE m3

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Theres a reason everyone is stepping down, it obviously isnt fun, worthwhile, or rewarding.

yep this is exactly it guys. flame figured it out. everyone thank him.

G_G

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
damn flame, you should have let the thread go on a few more pages instead of figuring it out yourself so fast! damn you!

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
Admittedly not my finest moment, and putting this kind of responsibility on Youme really wasn't fair. Though I wish peeps would remember the countless things I have done right, lol. Regardless, I accept that being in charge means people call you on the faults, even if they are rare. You've done a good service in your time here YM :)

Status
Not open for further replies.