• "Rust and Lime"

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • "Tropical, I suppose?"

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Dr. Maxxis

L1: Registered
Feb 8, 2017
Wanted to see what you guys over here thought of these? Its been a bit since I posted something on here... I think the last thread post I made was back in the Winter Jam! So, Have I Improved since then?

• "Innocence"
Innocent(CloseUp).png
  • "Rust and Lime"
Rust and Lime.png
  • "Tropical, I suppose"
RubberManngo.png

Attachments

• Innocent(CloseUp).png
    Innocent(CloseUp).png
    1,020.1 KB · Views: 225
  • Rust and Lime.png
    Rust and Lime.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 251
  • RubberManngo.png
    RubberManngo.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 292

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
These are pretty good! I'm not the best at SFM stuff, but I can try and give you some feedback.

Imo the best is Innocence. The posing feels natural, it fits the Scout and I could totally see him walking kinda like that. The rim lighting feels alright, but the lighting on his body feels a little dull imo. It looks fine as it is, but I'd love to see what it looks like with a light facing down onto the Scout.

2nd best imo is the Tropical one. The posing is alright, but the lighting on the whole thing is pretty dull, and I feel like the cosmetics don't really fit together, and barely fit together with the background. Though I understand if the poster was made for someone and they wanted their cosmetics on it, in which there's not much to do.

My least favorite is Rust and Lime. There just seems to be a lot of visual noise. The lime green just doesn't really fit with the demoman and his cosmetics, and the cosmetics really don't fit well (again though I understand if it was made for someone and that wale cosmetics were a request). The whole composition is kind of jarring on the eyes, and the posing is pretty boring.

Overall though, you did a great job on these, just a little rough around the edges. I hope you make more when you feel like it!

Dr. Maxxis

Feb 8, 2017
These are pretty good! I'm not the best at SFM stuff, but I can try and give you some feedback.

Imo the best is Innocence. The posing feels natural, it fits the Scout and I could totally see him walking kinda like that. The rim lighting feels alright, but the lighting on his body feels a little dull imo. It looks fine as it is, but I'd love to see what it looks like with a light facing down onto the Scout.

2nd best imo is the Tropical one. The posing is alright, but the lighting on the whole thing is pretty dull, and I feel like the cosmetics don't really fit together, and barely fit together with the background. Though I understand if the poster was made for someone and they wanted their cosmetics on it, in which there's not much to do.

My least favorite is Rust and Lime. There just seems to be a lot of visual noise. The lime green just doesn't really fit with the demoman and his cosmetics, and the cosmetics really don't fit well (again though I understand if it was made for someone and that wale cosmetics were a request). The whole composition is kind of jarring on the eyes, and the posing is pretty boring.

Overall though, you did a great job on these, just a little rough around the edges. I hope you make more when you feel like it!
Thanks for the feedback! Its always nice to have someone give a little constructive criticism to help my creative gears turn a bit more smoothly in the future! 2 of the 3 Pieces were made with a different Lighting Technique in mind! Recently I've been on a crash course of new styles and posing guidelines. All in all, these are just different methods in progress, that I'm quite glad they have some appeal with others! Once again, Thanks for the Feedback! Looking forward to sharing more of my creations on this site.

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
I like them all to be honest, I think you did really well with the very bright and clashy loadouts you were given, haha. I especially like the last one because it feels like he had someone take a picture for him. It has that smile and of course the tall phone resolution.

Last edited:

Dr. Maxxis

Feb 8, 2017
I like them all to be honest, I think you did really well with the very bright and clashy loadouts you were given, haha. I especially like the last one because it feels like he had someone take a picture for him. It has that smile and of course the tall phone resolution.
Yeah, The person who requested the poster actually wanted a more "Laid back" and Tropical style of poster. I improvised heavily.