A classless Update! Day 1: 18 New Hats! New Community Map!

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
I'm pretty sure someone else actually made atleast the heavy hat. If they did I'm sure they were paid handsomely for it.

They made a hat mod for turning the football helmet into an unshanka. It was just a mod and a really obvious idea that had tons of people begging for it and I think it became the first custom hat model, or one of the first anyway.

So the point is it was so so obvious.

Plus Valve has the rights to all ideas posted in Steam forums. And people cry anyway, even though their idea was put to better use than they were using it for. Plus I doubt Valve would pay anyone for a common Russian hat. If it were something obscure and original, they would just brainstorm another hat. Plus original hats don't really seem to belong in TF2 from what we've seen.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Yea, i've logged a rediculous 120 odd + hours since the hat update and i only got the spy hat. I don't even play that class, Pah!

I do find it ironic that they are releasing more hats when most people i know, barely managed to pick up 1. But i guess i can't judge it solely on the people i know :/

Also. I would have thought Valve would have fixed the damn shadows on those rocks before releasing that map. It's horrible, in your face laziness, on both parties efferts.

Mexican Apple Thief

Aug 23, 2008
Yea, i've logged a rediculous 120 odd + hours since the hat update and i only got the spy hat. I don't even play that class, Pah!

I do find it ironic that they are releasing more hats when most people i know, barely managed to pick up 1. But i guess i can't judge it solely on the people i know :/

Also. I would have thought Valve would have fixed the damn shadows on those rocks before releasing that map. It's horrible, in your face laziness, on both parties efferts.

More hats means more chances to get hats.

Mexican Apple Thief

Aug 23, 2008
No, it just means more hats for the Steam Cloud to choose from when it gives you a hat.

Well we're not sure how it's going to work. The way they work now is it randomly selects an item out of all the available ones. Hats have a smaller chance. However, AFAIK they're all individually in there, it doesn't first pick "hat" then pick which one. Therefore unless they lower the number for all of them, there will be more, so if you had a 1/100 chance of getting a hat every two hours it would now be 3/100 because the number of hat choices tripled. They could have made the existing hats one third less likely and all the new ones the same amount, but I think right now they're trying to compensate for those with no hat, and have just one hat isn't as great an achievement this way because before you had 1/9, now you have 1/27. But if you have at least one hat you'll be more satisfied than you are now.

But there's many directions they could go with this. Maybe a three tier system of common hat, medium hat and rare hat. Who knows.

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
I do believe, gentlmenne, i posess the greater number of hats.

Behold your error:

hatstacked01.jpg

If one makes careful observation, one may note a quantity of thirteen hats resting atop my crown.

Do not try me in this. I can go higher, if I must.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I believe tomorrow I shall dig out mine hat of grandness. It requires goode daylight to be photographed. It is so large and fancy I keep it in a plastic garbage bag to keep it clean when not in use.

I may not have the number, but I have the fancy!

Inqwel

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 2, 2008
Far out! These updates are eager to hear. Some of the boys and I have a wager about which class was suppose to get the next update out of the three remaining classes. Looks so far like we've all lost the game.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Behold your error:

hatstacked01.jpg

If one makes careful observation, one may note a quantity of thirteen hats resting atop my crown.

Do not try me in this. I can go higher, if I must.

Oh my god, whilst that is utter pwnage. I do smell the wiffy musk of a challange, sir!

I must go and acquire more headware based accessories! Then return when this meme is no longer amusing! To win a challenge no one will any longer care about! And subsequently increase my e-penis size by +1.

On second thought, lets not go to Camelot, it is a silly place.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Alas, I have maney hats also but did not bringe them.

:(

uma plata

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 20, 2009
If you can't get a hat by killing someone with a hat after this update, Valve will have failed all of us

Mexican Apple Thief

Aug 23, 2008
If you can't get a hat by killing someone with a hat after this update, Valve will have failed all of us
Hats would be so boring then.

Though some speculate you can wager hats on matches.

Also

IMG_5360.jpg

They may not be your fancy Ivy league hats, but they're honest and good working.

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
I never have and never will consider baseball caps to be proper hats. In fact, their prevalence in my youth is what inspired me to begin collecting the authentic sort. ;)

A worn hat is a representation of who you are. I daresay if your inner soul is nothing more than a preference for one sports team or another, I should consider you a rather dull person. But since such a notion is absurd, and your life obviously full of many other nuances, I cannot consider the message of a baseball cap an honest one, as you so put forth. :p