64-bit First Impressions

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
So... how have you guys been doing since 64-bit released? What do you think of it? Any hammer fails? How about how big of an FPS difference you've gotten? Whatever first impressions you have with it, this is the spot to say it.

Oct 6, 2008
completely f'd up my tf2 because of my antivirus software
  • blocked shader.exe
  • erased vrad

took me 3 hours to fix those items then

- can join any games due to not responding messages

and hammer ++ broken

Nuzdot

L1: Registered
May 24, 2020
Broke the hud I was using so I couldn't switch out my items or presets, but thankfully they updated it to work with the new update. Other than Hammer++ I think I got off easy so far compared to the issues others were facing

spruce

L2: Junior Member
Aug 14, 2022
I can finally fight pyros without losing 70% of my FPS and when a medic stands on top of me his beam doesnt freeze my screen so I'd say pretty good update!
I rate 11/10.

edit: for those having issues with hammer not knowing where tf2 is the .exe was updated and you have to find the new one by going into the hammer settings/options then change the hl2.exe for the new executable, its in the same place as the old one.

Oct 15, 2018
My laptop is so bad that tf2 is still incredibly laggy and stuttering for the first few minutes, but it lags ever so slightly less later

Plainz

L2: Junior Member
Apr 13, 2020
right now the only complaint i have is that if you are alt-tabed for a long time and you tab back into tf2, your screen will go completely black and freeze for like 15 seconds

Brocky_system

L1: Registered
Mar 16, 2024
My mercenaries now suffer from pink eye now. Not sure what caused that, but all I know is that the Iris textures are missing.

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
Fuck's sake
1713637745228.png

Luckily this is easy to solve because CompilePal has a gameconfig file that you can edit

Last edited: