Zinkenite

CP Zinkenite B3a

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Oh yeah, that's meant as more of a visual placeholder for now, I mean to make some clusters, but I haven't yet. I should have just shopped it out, or something like this maybe:

superzig.jpg

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
Oh yeah, that's meant as more of a visual placeholder for now, I mean to make some clusters, but I haven't yet.
was about to say that you should make sure all crystal placements (especially ones not in caves) are in bunchs/clusters. sure you might get cases in life where one would be alone for whatever reason, but it just looks better.
also, as this is a mining base for the crystals, you should make some models where the crystal is missing the top 75% of it, and has a sharp flat edge at the top of it (with grooved lines all in the same direction perhaps, or a jagged assymmetic broken-glass looking edge - depends how the crystals are being harvested)

Thank god SOMEONE made a water tower that doesn't look 100% terrible
it has to have an incorrect collision model or it's not REALLY a tf2 water tower

i think the water tower might benefit with some sort of logo on it - it looks kinda plain right now. and the roof of it seems odd, but i can't quite put my finger on why that is

edit:
also, there's no way to access the water tower (either to fill it or get water out of it)
- usually water is gotten out of a water tower via a pipe underneath it, in order to take advantage of the water pressure this causes.

Last edited:

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
...too bad!

i was gonna say something really funny in response to that but i totally forgot what. so instead i'll just point to my editted comment above cos it was editted after you posted that

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
cp_ep2_outlands

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Just some image updates, nothing really impressive, I'm just finding time here and there to get stuff done. The light is really leaky in these images because it's not sealed in this area yet:

detail_pass_021.jpg

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Some updates, cranking away at the world--I'm behind on my models, next up I should really get some crystals going. That area there in what looks like wood spam is really a shelving house, a stockpile of zinkenite, which has been harvested and stored (I just need to build sets of crystal bundles, and more crystals). So when you see that image, just imagine the shelves are lined with crystals, and some other tf2 related junk.

detail_pass_024.jpg

detail_pass_023.jpg

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
1. This area here is sex
xDDFz.png

2. I think you went a bit overboard with the warped metal, unwarp that down a bit.

3. What the fuck is up with all the shelving areas in custom maps recently, they're a bad idea when just spammed everywhere :c

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
I agree with the people saying it needs more splashes of colour. I really dont like that picture seba linked, because its three dozen shades of grey rock, plus grey-green tress, and a grey-pink sky. It reminds me of britain. Which isnt good. Some lights, or more green greenery, or something to break up the (admittedly quite nice) greyscale feel.