Wow: The movie.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I would be more impressed by a StarCraft Movie. But why do that when you could have a WarHammer 40k movie? Space Marines? Tyranids? Orks? Eldar? Yesplskthxbye.

Bot190

L1: Registered
Sep 25, 2008
I'm thinking we have a lot of WoW haters. If the movies is based off of Warcraft then it should be good. Oh, and how the hell would you make a TF2 movie? there is absolutely no story line to TF2, 2 teams are fighting each other. that would make for an epically boring movie.

ps. I play WoW

Smetzle

L3: Member
May 20, 2009
Rambosysop.gif

Ganonmaster

Nov 25, 2008
there is absolutely no story line to TF2, 2 teams are fighting each other. that would make for an epically boring movie.

I think there is actually quite lot of potential story material in the TF2 universe. I mean, when you look at how the game plays, it's just two teams fighting, but if you look beyond that, you can ask questions like "What is driving these teams to such conflict?" and "What lies behind these Spytech companies?". Of course, that doesn't immediately give you an entire movie script, but if Hollywood can produce a blockbuster movie that was based of a bunch of Hasbro toys, then Team Fortress 2 has a lot more potential story material.

The "WoW" film is, as far as I know, officially titled Warcraft and based around a "Kick Ass Human Character" in the Warcraft universe. Next to that, it was previously announced that it will be a war movie as opposed to a quest movie. That already sounds better to then a "WoW movie". Yet I'm still absolutely not convinced that this movie will be good. In my eyes, not a single game has been turned into a successful movie and I doubt Sam Raimi will be able to change that.

Also, I don't hate WoW in particular, it's more that I dislike MMO's in general. The way most MMORPG's work just causes me to lose interest almost directly after the tutorials or my first quest. The Warcraft lore is indeed good story material, but with the writers in Hollywood, you never know how they will cock it up. It would probably be better if they hired some unknown WoW fan-fiction writers. That could also improve the chances of a hot lesbian Night Elf orgy.

All of that aside, epic stories aren't really part of today's big productions anyway. (Transformers2 kekekekkek)

Apr 19, 2009
there is absolutely no story line to TF2, 2 teams are fighting each other. that would make for an epically boring movie.
From the TF2 blog:
TF2 Blog said:
Nine mercenaries have come together for a job. It's the middle-ish part of a century a lot like the one we just had. A simpler time. There are three TV stations, one phone company, and two holding corporations that secretly control every government on the planet. Each corporation administers its half of the world with a multi-disciplined army of paper pushers. For any problem lacking an obvious bureaucratic solution, mercenaries like these are contracted to address the situation through a massive application of force. Now's your chance to Meet the Team.

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
Why are some of us making fun off WoW players?

We make maps for TF2 and spend ridiculous amounts of time doing so.

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
In hopes that we get paid for making them!

i find mapping to be far more constructive with time than grinding and killing things just to get stronger equipment to kill stronger things to get stronger equipment to kill stronger things to get stronger equipment to kill stonger things to....I think I made my point.

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
You forgot that you also get to pay $15 a month to do that, and have to buy an expansion when you've gotten the best equipment.

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
Your missing the point. No matter how hard you argue, both of us are nerds and we should be looking out for each other, not throwing lame insults at each other.

DearDoctorQ

Jul 13, 2009
Your missing the point. No matter how hard you argue, both of us are nerds and we should be looking out for each other, not throwing lame insults at each other.
don't think of it like being a nerd, think of it like... a hobby :p

Azgar

Jul 14, 2009
It's said that ppl go around spreading hate on such stupid discussions as these... Play what you like, let others do the same...

Not to talk about that these flame war is drifting from the thread's purpose

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
To drift even further from the thread's original discussion, whilst trying to research what the actual name of the WoW game engine was called, to reference in my dissertation, i only managed to stumble across threads on the WoW forums of how steam sucks and fps games are for nubs with short attention spans, and the fact that there was a WoW user group on steam was pointless. Basically a whole load of steam hate.

I say, welcome to the internet.

Caliostro

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 6, 2009
Why are some of us making fun off WoW players?

We make maps for TF2 and spend ridiculous amounts of time doing so.

Because making maps is a creative and productive exercise?

We spend months creating a playground for people, carefully balancing and detailing everything in order to create a genuine experience. Not only does it exercise your mental capacities (to do it right that is, any idiot can slap a box together and put 2 spawns in), it has a purpose, it adds to a game we love.

WoW players spend equal (when not longer) amounts of time clicking shit.

The way I see it, complex creative process > mindless grind.

But hey, that's me.

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008

By that quote, you assume all of us spend every second of every day mapping? I spend less than 1 hour per day mapping, about 1 hour playing, and the rest involves my social life, or my friends. Am I a nerd?

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
Yes you are a nerd at heart and so am I.

Why?

You map becuase you like it. You like making maps. You take pleasure in a nerd pursuit. You are a nerd, I am nerd. We may not be outwardly nerdy but we are nerds.

Caliostro

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 6, 2009
Yes you are a nerd at heart and so am I.

Why?

You map becuase you like it. You like making maps. You take pleasure in a nerd pursuit. You are a nerd, I am nerd. We may not be outwardly nerdy but we are nerds.

Boy you sure wear your label with pride. I like to think I have a bit more personality in me than to blindly identify myself with a "one-word-tag" someone else made, a nice little pre-made format I "fit in". That's nice and all for the teenagers going through identity crises, "WHO R I!?" phase... The kids that do something "because it's [insert label here]"... I'm over that, thanks.

I do a lot of things. I enjoy mapping for the pleasure of creating an environment and for the challenges it creates. I also like drawing, painting, art in general, fighting, working out, women, sex, videogames, cooking, music of all kinds, from classic to metal, good comedy...etc.

Sorry to break it to you, but the world's a bit more complex than 1-word tags.