[WIP] tc_meridian

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
Blue poster:
tc_meridian_a4dev_posterblue.jpg

I should have a release ready tomorrow. The gameplay is unchanged right now. This will mainly be for stress testing. Entdata is extremely high, and waterindices are getting pretty close to full too, so I'm hoping it doesn't result in server crashes. Normally something at this level of detail would definitely be hitting beta, but I needed to get all desired entities in there before stress-testing.

This will at least give me another opportunity to try to get Valve's attention regarding the HUD issue, this time armed with much better screenshots. Comic-con is next weekend, so if I have heard nothing back once that is over, it will change to CP and, assuming stress-test doesn't crash, it will go into beta.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Bug Report
All of these were taken while doing a run through alone.

tcmeridiana40000tm6.png

Uncheck the touch opens flag!

tcmeridiana40001ow3.png

Freaky black line!

tcmeridiana40002ks0.png

Skybox seams?

tcmeridiana40003dy8.png

Not sure if you can do anything about this.

tcmeridiana40004ft6.png

Checker ground :(

Suggestions:
-Village Intel Room is severely in need of some spytech-ness.
-Submarine Bay seems very easy to defend
-More signage? A lot of people were running around clueless.
-FPS sucked. For everyone almost everyone. :(
-The BLU ship and the Village were very bland areas.

Last edited:

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
-FPS sucked. For everyone. :(

i maintained 90-110 fps...
its 100-130 on valves maps, so its not that bad of a drop-off

I don't know the specific round but one of the modeled hanging bridges, every time I walked over a certain part of it the game froze breifly and returned to normal once i would have passed that spot had the game not froze.

And im not sure if this had anything to do with the map...but there were an unusual amount of pyros...

crazychicken

L2: Junior Member
Feb 14, 2008
i put it in cycle on server if youre interested in trying it with 32 ppl sometime

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
i maintained 90-110 fps...
its 100-130 on valves maps, so its not that bad of a drop-off

I don't know the specific round but one of the modeled hanging bridges, every time I walked over a certain part of it the game froze breifly and returned to normal once i would have passed that spot had the game not froze.

And im not sure if this had anything to do with the map...but there were an unusual amount of pyros...

Okay then mister fancy pants computer. :p

I was getting between 15 and 25, CTF was getting 3, and I'm sure there were more people on the low FPS boat.

(I usually get between 40 and 50 on valve maps)

Apex_

L3: Member
Jan 23, 2008
Noticed this little break in the displacement, unsure if it's documented yet or not:

Meridian_Disp_Bug.jpg

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
For anyone who doesn't mind going an extra step to see the torch flame particles, you can download the pcf and manifest here. Extract that into your tf/particles directory.

Don't forget that it's in there, because you will probably want to delete them if/when Valve fixes the problem with them not being detected when packed into bsps.

Feb 14, 2008
Huh, every time I fix that displacement it gets unfixed. I blame the crappy, imprecise displacement tool that likes to jump to completely the wrong nodes without you knowing about it.

Incidentally, Apex has a bunch of good action shots posted here from a playtest we had yesterday. It was pretty fun, and it didn't crash!

If you've done some crazy vertex editing on that particular plane than that may be the problem. The editor doesn't like displacements like that for some reason.

I just ran around the map, and got an FPS averaging about 30.

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
Okay then mister fancy pants computer. :p

I was getting between 15 and 25, CTF was getting 3, and I'm sure there were more people on the low FPS boat.

(I usually get between 40 and 50 on valve maps)

Hmm...didn't think my video card was that good...
and CTF claims to get 5 fps on valves maps...so hes a terrible example...

Apex_

L3: Member
Jan 23, 2008
I've asked Valve again to look at the HUD problem. Here's hoping they respond this time, because if they don't by next week, that'll be the end of CTF in this map. =

[vader]NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo[/vader]