WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
4g6mmt.jpg

Pool party baby, it was a cool party, cool pool party, la la la la.

Way late, but I couldn't let this Aquabats reference go unnoticed. Hi5. :thumbup:

Oct 6, 2008
BugsCanyon Revisited

Map will have a new name when done but for now...here's a couple of screen
shots. Feedback appreciated - haven't mapped for a while now.

Looking down at start:
pl-bugscanyon_newfinal-250011.jpg

Some of the Path near the end - you start way down below on the far left:

pl-bugscanyon_newfinal-250013.jpg

Inside the cave for a fight - you come won from the top center then start moving up - I'm on the 3rd ledge you can make the 2nd out to the right - way down below to the right is going to be a lake for some water fights.

pl-bugscanyon_newfinal-250007.jpg

Oct 6, 2008
yep lights will come - doing the rough build now - have no idea where to put the checkpoints / levels yet - cart will have to go up a 60 degree slope near the start while under fire will make it hard.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
If you are fully detailing the map, have no lights, and don't know where to put capture points, you're designing the map wrong. You need to start with dev textures, consider layout and choke points and capture points, etc. Give the Tutorial board a good reading through.

Oct 6, 2008

IrishTaxIDriver

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 27, 2008
If you are fully detailing the map, have no lights, and don't know where to put capture points, you're designing the map wrong. You need to start with dev textures, consider layout and choke points and capture points, etc. Give the Tutorial board a good reading through.

I'm gonna argue the start with dev textures thing, but everything else, yeah. It helps me a lot to do some basic texturing and get a feel for the area, which in turn gives me ideas for or sections, and so on and so forth.

I know some other mappers who are the same way, there are many roads to a completed map :)

EDIT: And honestly I'd say thats probably about the level of detail I'd do for a first pass on a map.

Languid

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 9, 2009
The shadows in your later screenies worry me, bug. Makes me think that your track models are dynamic

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
bTDyF.png

I can go all day, son

Also: fuck you paintables