WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
It's a little obvious. He has one track, then two, then the two cross, then it merges, etc.

Not to mention the control points.

BANG!

L1: Registered
Feb 8, 2011
JSRF garage in TF2 WIP

tf2_jsrf1.jpg

What's the best way to get shadows on dynamic props from one sun light? or a lightmap at least.
I have the map separated in a few dynamic props (dynamic so they can have shadows) and I want each part to cast shadows on each other from one sun light.

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
JSRF garage in TF2 WIP

tf2_jsrf1.jpg

What's the best way to get shadows on dynamic props from one sun light? or a lightmap at least.
I have the map separated in a few dynamic props (dynamic so they can have shadows) and I want each part to cast shadows on each other from one sun light.

If you manage to properly light it right, I'll love you forever.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Static props also receive and cast shadows, you don't need dynamic ones.

BANG!

Feb 8, 2011
Thanks, well I added a light_enviroment and env_sun but there's just no change, I also changed the lights color it doesn't seem to be affecting the models :S it just exactly the same as that screenshot.

I was compiling without "VIS" and "rad" in "fast" mode, i also tried setting each prop light to the "sun" light
though still no changes, what am I doing wrong?

Another "problem" is that by using brushes with nodraw there's bullet impact decals or spray decals for that matter, is there any way to get the decals showing up even with nodraw on the brushes?

Sorry for my noobiness I am new to Hammer, thanks for your patience and help =)

@Joodude Will do my best ;D

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Clearly, you have forgotten to seal your map.

KingOfSandvich

Jan 18, 2011
If you run your map without lighting then go straight to the one with lighting, you have to type "mat_fullbright 0" into the console (cheats must be on) to actually load the lightmaps. After that, I recommend you reload via changelevel or map command, then your lighting should be there if RAD worked properly. Also, don't change the lighting origins on your props just yet. That sets where the prop receives light, not its main light source.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Is that floating on a sea of darkness?

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
dude, change it from water to a bottomless pit. it would look perfect