WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
This crypticness is intense! Nice touch naming the image file "sM2dA9h" (or that might just be whatever image hosting you've used...)

It does appear that with whatever 3D modeling tool you've used, you've taken special care to texture specular-less black onto the model. Here's an example of me using the same trick:

0001.png

Either that, or the falloff of the light source(s) is/are quite short.

Last edited:

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
This crypticness is intense! Nice touch naming the image file "sM2dA9h" (or that might just be whatever image hosting you've used...)

It does appear that with whatever 3D modeling tool you've used, you've taken special care to texture specular-less black onto the model. Here's an example of me using the same trick:

0001.png

Either that, or the falloff of the light source(s) is/are quite short.

This is just Source, Gmod, and some fancy lighting positioning.....

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
I doubt most comp players have real time reflections turned on anyways. It's something that's almost always turned off in graphics configs.

No matter the water quality setting it will always reflect in real-time. The amount which gets reflected though is changed. On the lowest setting only level geometry will be reflected. The middle setting reflects particles belonging to the world too, along with anything animated which belongs to the map (like a door or something). The highest setting adds player-induced things like rocket trails, rockets, rocket explosions, and player models (not your own unfortunately).

Of course, you can force "cheap" water. But also keep in mind that if this map were to go official (which I hope it will) there will be more people playing that map than just the competitive guys.

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Finished reskinning some of the halloween_rock models last night. They were supposed to have specular maps too, but Crowbar wasn't agreeing with my $env commands...I'll have to sort that out later :p

JabXa6M.jpg

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Finished reskinning some of the halloween_rock models last night. They were supposed to have specular maps too, but Crowbar wasn't agreeing with my $env commands...I'll have to sort that out later :p

JabXa6M.jpg

Ok now that's brilliant.

Kraken

Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess
Dec 21, 2014

JabXa6M.jpg

Wow. Amazing.
Had exactly the same idea, but never actually started making textures.

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
They look really cool, but I'd tone the blue down a bunch, make it a bit more subtle. (maybe a skin for both versions?)

Now that I'm looking at them the day after, I can see your point, but I was originally going for something like this:
nY4LqLZ.jpg

I could go ahead and add a less intense skin though. Maybe for team color purposes.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
The blue is the reflection of the seawater on the ice. The ice itself isn't blue.

Bull

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 30, 2011
Started with a new first stage of pl_coldtop, after massive feedback from today's gameday.

8sCSxvn.jpg

Bull

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 30, 2011
Get it into rc1 or i eat you

Hahah, well I still have to finish my actual layout. After that, beta, after that RC l)

Please don't eat me. I am not tasty.