WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Requiem

L1: Registered
Jan 12, 2015
All I have is stuff In hammer ATM, I haven't done the lighting or skybox yet.
Overview of the map:
sS37T.jpg

The CP:
4I3uD.jpg

Red side:
3iK8d.jpg

Sorry about the small size of the images, Just realized I could of made that area larger. Ah well!

Sep 7, 2012
Overview of the map:
sS37T.jpg

The CP:
4I3uD.jpg

Red side:
3iK8d.jpg

Sorry about the small size of the images, Just realized I could of made that area larger. Ah well!

Looks like your map is four-way symmetrical, which is usually not a good thing because it confuses players and makes the map feel too bland.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
-snip snip snip-

christ how do you map with all that wasted space on the right of the screen

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
christ nightwalker, sort those tools at the right out.
Drag the manifest window unti it's floating, then close it, you will never use it. Ever. Never ever.
Then drag the others until they fit in one column. (you miiight need to make the visgroups one a floating window so that you can make it slightly shorter, but they might fit as they are)

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
What is this, a Hammer for ants? It needs to be at least three times bigger!

If you really need to post screenshots of stuff you're doing in Hammer, press shift+z after clicking in the 3d viewport. It'll zoom it to the maximum size of the window. Shift+z again to reverse it.

Just by eyeballing it the map looks underscaled to me, so you should really drop in a player start point and do a test compile so you can run around and check distances. Doesn't matter if vis succeeds, you can still explore it.

Requiem

L1: Registered
Jan 12, 2015
What is this, a Hammer for ants? It needs to be at least three times bigger!

If you really need to post screenshots of stuff you're doing in Hammer, press shift+z after clicking in the 3d viewport. It'll zoom it to the maximum size of the window. Shift+z again to reverse it.

Just by eyeballing it the map looks underscaled to me, so you should really drop in a player start point and do a test compile so you can run around and check distances. Doesn't matter if vis succeeds, you can still explore it.

it currently is 7000 by 3000 units, with a underground and above ground area.

I'm also having trouble with the textures not saving. Is there any way to prevent this?

Last edited:

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Click 'camera' in the 3d viewport and select 3d textured shaded

MacRipley

L3: Member
Jan 15, 2015
Or we stumbled into a base owned by GRN.

The biggest issue I see in the views where you pull back the camera is there's no focal points. It's just a jumble of rooftops and corners, there's absolutely nothing to draw the eye or bring attention to a setpiece.

Like in the third screenshot I didn't even notice the control point until I took the time to study the picture, and then in the fourth one it seems like that elevated platform is a prime location for a CP.. and there's nothing.

Texturing needs some TLC too.. your chicken wire is overscaled, you've got misaligned textures, and on one building you have one wall with a metal texture rotated 90 degrees but the adjacent wall is normal.

I appreciate the feedback! :thumbup:

players can get on top of the overpass track now, do you think the capture point would play out well up there? there'd be added stairs and such, but maybe it would stand out a lot better up there?

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
Back on topic i suppose, some more updates to Verde:
Still a ton of issues at the moment but i am trying my best to fix any problems with gameplay and such.spawns are done but look bad at the moment, and lighting will be better later down the road

That is a kick-ass use of green!

Love it!

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
It's not that, I'm using Flat becuase thats all nodraw ATM. When I tried to texture it, Parts would keep going back to nodraw.
Which button do you use to texture? If you select the brush and use :applytexture: then the whole brush gets the texture. it probably goes back to nodraw when you check it from the other side to reverse it. If you use :faceedittool: then its the right tool and in that case there might be an other issue.

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
Which button do you use to texture? If you select the brush and use :applytexture: then the whole brush gets the texture. it probably goes back to nodraw when you check it from the other side to reverse it. If you use :faceedittool: then its the right tool and in that case there might be an other issue.

A while ago I had this one brush that would keep changing textures. I thought it was a ghost haunting hammer so I got rid of it.

HQDefault

...what
aa
Aug 6, 2014
Well, the world called for a recreated second on my map that's less cramped and chokey.

Well I did it without even scaling anything up:

A72ABF059E8C3E0983D94D0316204812B2B6B6D2

BTW crash, I stole pieces of your second