WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
I think it looks nice, probably not appropriate for a playable map though.. would suffer the cp_egypt problem of everything looking the same. It's hard to pick out which areas are navigable and which ones aren't.

If you built vibrant buildings you could probably get away with it though.

Gadget

aa
Mar 10, 2008
Mostly completed detailing on stage 1:
cp_burghausen_a5.gif

cp_burghausen_a6.gif

Oct 6, 2008
Ok here we go - now don't flame me because it's a different rendition of badwater because I'm building it for someone and they wanted an all 'in cave style + I changed some of the routes both for the path and flanking areas ;)

After reading the lighting guide this is the first attempt at lighting it - how do you like the progress so far wuth the lighting? How's he overall lighting - still too dark? Any suggestions?

I also tried to fix the log boring tunnel that badwater has at the start -it's now broken up but you can't see it here. On tunnel exit cart will go right (in the picture) instead of the normal path. There is one phantom light behind the rocks on the left - the others ae all main lighting so far.
mineshaft01.jpg

This is the old normal path - notice the sink hole (at crosshair indicating broken tracks) and the train area will be a new flankig route for blue team
mineshaft02.jpg

I blew up the building and between blu 2nd spawn and cap point 3 - replaced it with rock wall and added in new flanking route:
mineshaft03.jpg

The reverse angle:
mineshaft04.jpg

Any help is appreciated :)

Apr 14, 2013
The rockwall looks too repetitive. I think you should put rock props in it and use the alpha texturing on the rock displacements. (If it was up to you, I'd say make it with some sky and get rid of them rocks, but since it's per request...)
The new tunnel is cool and it will be interesting to see how it changes the gameplay. I never liked the strange building where the tunnel exits now (the one that looks like a public rocket shelter...), I'm glad you got rid of it.
I really have no idea what is in the 2nd screenshot. Could you make a clearer picture of that area? Also, what's that cp? It's not 1st, as we see it already in 1st pic. It's not last or 3rd either, and it doesn't look like existing 2nd at all.
When detailing, I think that spamming ropes everywhere will help the repetitivity of the rocks as well.
Lastly, it needs more light. in 1st picture.

But overall, it might be a good remake, of a map that is great already.

Oct 6, 2008
re: 2nd picture

Is the 2nd cap point - I broke the original route on purpose so as not to confuse people and since it's now broken I've moved it :)

After the cart caps the first, I am taking the cart through tunnels to that part of the map beyond the orignaal roof where no one goes a lot - there's a uphill (rollback) battle that will take place there followed by a down hill (no stopping) bonus for blue.

I did it for a couple of reasons: 1] Forces Engies to build more in the first pic, there are some new interesting engy potential there, 2] I wanted to stop engy roof base set up - sure they can still build up there, but now they have to sentry jump since I have all the ramps blocked off by gates (also helps stop them from going crazy and gives blue a chance in the tunnels)

Which brings us back to pic 2

The new flanking route for blue team - it's along the railway bridge - There's an upper spawn exit onto the railway that blue can run down - but the fun part is that the train will be moving at random intervals :) You can just make out the tunnel at the end under the timer.

Any suggestions for more light in the first - add in more phantoms or more direct lights - if so where for each?

The rocks sticking out f the walls is a graet idea and I never thought of it! I can add in more pics if you want.

Thanks

Last edited:

Woozlez

L3: Member
Jul 28, 2010
Ok here we go - now don't flame me because it's a different rendition of badwater because I'm building it for someone and they wanted an all 'in cave style + I changed some of the routes both for the path and flanking areas ;)

After reading the lighting guide this is the first attempt at lighting it - how do you like the progress so far wuth the lighting? How's he overall lighting - still too dark? Any suggestions?

I also tried to fix the log boring tunnel that badwater has at the start -it's now broken up but you can't see it here. On tunnel exit cart will go right (in the picture) instead of the normal path. There is one phantom light behind the rocks on the left - the others ae all main lighting so far.
mineshaft01.jpg

This is the old normal path - notice the sink hole (at crosshair indicating broken tracks) and the train area will be a new flankig route for blue team
mineshaft02.jpg

I blew up the building and between blu 2nd spawn and cap point 3 - replaced it with rock wall and added in new flanking route:
mineshaft03.jpg

The reverse angle:
mineshaft04.jpg

Any help is appreciated :)

Change all the current rock models to the blue rock version, and embed mine rocks from Bigrock into the sides and the ceiling.

Utilize artificial spotlights pointing straight down, constant lighting with between 600 and 800 brightness, with a gray blue color.

Add more buildings sticking out of the wall as you get further in, to have more landmarks to navigate by.

puxorb

L69: Emoticon
aa
Dec 15, 2013
Berry's idea of a halloween contest gave me tons of ideas...and, well, here is something.

1AFC746227F4A03A301358AC131D3F7E78704D8A

EDIT:
Another screenshot for the children:

7499BBB500A277599A7E4F4472D3053DBFFB9DE4

(yes I know its too dark)

Last edited:

puxorb

L69: Emoticon
aa
Dec 15, 2013
Sorry to clog up the pages a bit but I'm trying out some nice lighting:
B9EF37216AA40E678F810D4B48B046A569963534

I think it looks nice, but the castle is missing something. Any suggestions?

ThrowingPie

L1: Registered
Apr 6, 2014
I think it looks nice, but the castle is missing something. Any suggestions?

I think filling up the sides (tree's etc..) will hep the castle look better, and having light streaming out of the windows at lower levels (spotlight facing out) will help fill it up,
A building on the left side (not playable) to show depth behind the low wooden barn thing?