WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
09.jpg

Mar 20, 2012
The two routes to the finale look to come from quite different directions: you may have an issue with Back-capping.

There's back capping in MvM?

EDIT: Oh wait, I think I get what you mean. You're referring to when one team is busy guarding one entrance and a ninja-bot caps 'behind' them. My brain is still stuck on the PvP term of "back capping" lol

I don't know. I think that might be a good thing. It's an interesting way to increase the difficulty of just spamming the hatch entrance site. A lot of coal town's finale entrances are on the complete opposite side, and that finale is quite fun to play.

Last edited:

soylent robot

L420: High Member
May 26, 2009
i wonder how difficult it would be to set up a multi-stage MvM map? the bomb carrying robot would have to remain in a capture zone for a certain time in the first 2 stages, then the usual bomb pit in the 3rd, or something

deadsource

L3: Member
Jul 11, 2011
Should I make this tunnel a lil' bit smoother? But I'm a little afraid of those "invalid brushes"... Currently 10 sides.
tunnel_entrance.gif

Also, hardcore techno edition:
tehno.gif

Last edited:

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
Should I make this tunnel a lil' bit smoother? But I'm a little afraid of those "invalid brushes"... Currently 10 sides.
Also, hardcore techno edition:

Thats not how invalid brushes appears. You can add more sides without worrying.

ciegX.png

^ This is an invalid brush. Notice how the face is bend into two triangles, because the vertex points aren't forming a flat plane.

Also, very experimental experiment:

E8ED2178E26336D0D2F06630CD364F29B0E178CF

Last edited:

deadsource

Jul 11, 2011
Quick question: is it okay to use a lot of func_brush for little detail that I want to be non solid to the player?

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
Is the payload going through the waterfall? In that case, niiiice.

Yeah, it is.

I'm not quite sure how this will affect the gameplay. The waterfall will obscure the players sight, which will make a careless entry dangerous.

I was thinking that this could "force" people to clear the road ahead, so that the cart can be pushed through with less trouble.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009

More sides couldn't hurt. 16-24 is a good number. Though a door that swings open like that might run the risk of causing collision issues. You may have noticed that swinging doors don't exist in this game, normally.

deadsource

Jul 11, 2011
More sides couldn't hurt. 16-24 is a good number. Though a door that swings open like that might run the risk of causing collision issues. You may have noticed that swinging doors don't exist in this game, normally.

Maybe I should make it non-solid after the open command (if that is possible)? It is shot only once, after capturing a point.