WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Ok, i'm work on my first tf2 map, sorry for screens with hud, i created them spontaneously :D

I have a problem with the shadows, light, detailing and more other... but i will fix them.
P.S this is 2 or 3 stage pl_map

Heyy Eugenio! Welcome to TF2MAps! =) After looking over your screenshots I do just want to point out something I noticed. Track Height Variation. From what I see(in this stage) the track never moves up or down it actually stays very linear, along with the land around it(not counting buildings). What I would do it try to add a few slopes or buildings with different height advantages to push the cart into or over and that should definitely help spice things up a little bit. Looking very good though for a first map at first glace. Keep it up!

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
wtfhax.png

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
*wonders to self*

What is so important that they are all staring at that dang board!

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
NOOO

See YM's tutorial on getting the proper shadows! ---> HERE!

On every single track? I heard that dings on lower end computers. It's easier to simply disable the track shadows.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
lavatest0001.jpg

lavatest0002.jpg

Finished the lava and accompanying lavafall for Tachyon's dip into the prehistoric age.

dodgydogman

L1: Registered
Jun 1, 2010
arena_wall

This is my map, arena_wall, its about 75% done. All i have to do it finish the texturing, add loads of props and overlays and do all the lighting.... Yeah.. Maybe 70% ._.
Its my first map ever, and my first real project in sdk so any advice, or critisicm is really welcome!!

The idea is that red and blu are both building half a wall to keep each other out... So the theme is construction i guess... (The scafolding used to have about 5x the brushes :p Had to cut it down because people were lagging).
arena_wall0000.jpg

arena_wall0001.jpg

arena_wall0002.jpg

arena_wall0003.jpg

arena_wall0004.jpg

arena_wall0005.jpg

arena_wall0006.jpg

arena_wall0007.jpg

sdk.jpg

wall.jpg

Oh, and yes. It does have 2 helix spiral staircases. Me and my clan have been playtesting it a little and we have been balancing it. But if anyone wants to play it for themselves, go to our clanpage: therepublicofawesome, add me or another admin, say where you are from and ask to play :p.

Yes I realise I need to do loads of texturing and a couple of brushes are on top of each other!

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2009
Wo! Those double helixes are TRIPPY!

I thought you had a leak, until I looked closer. Anyways, get lighting, since IMO thats the most important part. It really gives a map an atmosphere. It looks great for a first map!