WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
You do realise that there already is a TV model, right?

Max's rendering is easy; I suggest you read this to take nice, AO-baked renders.

Ginger

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 29, 2010
Oh I know there's a TV model, this wasn't meant to be put into tf2, or even on the site, i just didn't know which thread would be most appropriate. And thanks for the link :)

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
Uuhrf.png

Swore I had posted this here. I've been working on this for a rough 2 weeks now, I'm gonna add a route on the right leading down, and that route on the left won't open up till you've captured the first point. It's like a shortcut getting to CP 2 I guess.

This is a three stage pl, that screenshot is of stage 1. Only about 30-40% of what I have in mind for stage 1.

Apr 13, 2009
That roof texture doesn't really work here because the pattern is too obvious. Use one that is more uniform, then maybe add a few metal sheet props to break it up (don't go overboard, this looks out of playable area and unimportant).
Otherwise that's pretty good I think.

ANTALIFE

L1: Registered
Mar 6, 2011
Here is the map I've been working on. This my second attempt at making a source map, and as you can see still needs alot of work...

11ugv.jpg

Basically its the flat where I am currently living, and once finished will be made into an arena map.

REEJ

L420: High Member
Aug 26, 2010
Here is the map I've been working on. This my second attempt at making a source map, and as you can see still needs alot of work...

11ugv.jpg

Basically its the flat where I am currently living, and once finished will be made into an arena map.

It's gonna be too small for a playable tf2 map,
port it to L4D2 and make it survival - could work, kind of.

ANTALIFE

L1: Registered
Mar 6, 2011
It's gonna be too small for a playable tf2 map,
port it to L4D2 and make it survival - could work, kind of.

There are a couple more buildings left to do, and as our group LAN usually consists of about 8 people I though the map size would suffice for an arena match ?_?

V0Y2M.jpg

Although the thought of having thousands of zombies swarm the house does indeed sound awesome =O

Also, FREDDIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Last edited:

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Protip: press F5 in game to take a screenshot of just TF2 (it'll default to TARGA; type 'bind f5 jpeg' without apostrophes in the console to have TF2 save screenshots as JPEGs).

Zhan

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 18, 2010
Yyler, if thats a cargo shipping area, it might seem a bit odd to have a big open area... what if it rains? I would add some glass window structure up there...

I think there is supposed to be glass right there, but you can only really tell because the sky color is darker through the skylight than it is outside. It probably needs a few windowframes, or something to breakup the huge pane of glass