[WIP] arena_hydro

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Why do you have to be so negative? Couldn't you try to think of a reason as to why everybody dislikes your conversion to Arena? Could it perhaps be that you've completely broken the Arena formula by implementing two Control Points instead of one? This will, after all, make turtling more popular than ever, which Valve intended to counter with this new mode.

It's not really something to be upset over either. You can't possibly have spent more than one or two days on this so there's no reason for that.

Accept that you aren't always right, FaTony.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
FaTony, I think people are just saying, create something original (as this is what the majority are after). People want to see originallity as well as a thematic basis close to reality. Rather than re-hashes of something someone else has done. It would also be in ones personal interest in mapping to create something dashing and unseen before (to boost your ego with all the "zomg awesome" replies :D), if you wanted to call yourself a real level designer.

If it plays well, then well done, but i'm not sure it warrants a wip thread since you're not really working on it per say; might have been worth posting in mapping discussion for opinions and publicity? This area is really for gameplay and detail crits based on screen shots of a new level design. As well as asking for help fixing bugs. None of which can be given here. But i guess that is just me being pedantic.

Don't expect positive responses from hard core level designers that pour months of work into their own maps.

Last edited:

ChickenHunter

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 12, 2008
Out of interest, how are you able to find out?? if you are at all and you're not just guessing?

its a bug/glitch/overlooked thingy/whatever in the anoymous system where when in subwatch you can see who the anonymous was if they were the last poster. :p