Which gamemode is grossly underdeveloped?

Where should i develope next?

• Total voters

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
I'd say CTF.

*ducks*

Well, all the A/D CTF's that are under development are going to say otherwise, but hey.

I'd like to see someone take a good crack at a one-flag CTF map. Jinxed, ages ago, demonstrated that it can be fun, it's just going to come down to the map's layout.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I'd say CTF.

*ducks*

Well, all the A/D CTF's that are under development are going to say otherwise, but hey.

I'd like to see someone take a good crack at a one-flag CTF map. Jinxed, ages ago, demonstrated that it can be fun, it's just going to come down to the map's layout.

You have wasted your post, feel accomplished.

Guardian

L1: Registered
Jul 27, 2009
I've yet to a see a custom or even stock map multistage A/D that is truely great.

uma plata

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 20, 2009
A/D CP is tragically underdeveloped, given the popularity of Dustbowl

But what about making it single stage? Like Gydan

Apr 19, 2009
Youme since you are doing A/D cp dustbowl style I came but with a odd idea. How about you have it were it is 2 points per round however they are done cap A,B style like in Gravel Pit. Just an idea about how to spice it up a bit.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
We've had enough A/D maps. What we lack are good custom 5CP maps.

But if you make A/D why not make it a single stage? Like Badwater is to Goldrush.

Shoomonger

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 8, 2009
Do arena man! It would be great to finally see a good arena map out there. And with the succes of the past 2 valve-made arena maps (sawmill and nucleus) I have faith in the game mode. Just take a look at the waves of crappy arena maps out there. THAT is why you should make an arena map. As for A/D maps, please don't! all you've ever really done was A/D maps before and I'd like to see you do something differen't.

EDIT: Five posts later I changed my vote to steel style map (so change mine).

Last edited:

Guardian

L1: Registered
Jul 27, 2009
What I'd like to see that no one posted is a non-linear 4 cp push map. I liked cp_desertfortress but the map is too much of a sniperfest. Ever since Icarus abadoned cp_grinder, I've been a sad panda :(.

evanonline

L420: High Member
Mar 15, 2009
I've always thought Hydro was a good concept that was abandoned simply because its only map was bad. I think with some work a good TC map could be made.

Of course, something like Steel would be cool too.