Status
Not open for further replies.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Water - A CP Map

Updates:

-V.0.1: The map came out! (26/12/2015)
-V.0.1.1: Fixed some errors from the map and added some screenshots! (27/12/2015)

Actually Update: 0.1.1

Last edited:

alkaL1ne

L1: Registered
Dec 20, 2015
Alright, here's some feedback:

First obvious problem: this map is extremely flat. Despite the canals scattered across the map, there really isn't anything that stops any sort of possible sightlines. No hills, no extra buildings, just flat, unstopped zones.

Second obvious problem: it has no health packs at all. Or ammo packs for that matter.

Third obvious problem: way too much empty space. There were areas that I just looked at and thought "who on Earth would use this areas?" Some of them were just absolutely pointless - sentries couldn't even see the other side!

Fourth obvious problem: no flank routes at all other than in the final point. That choke from the first to the second is going to be extremely tough to push - if not flat out impossible.

Aug 30, 2015

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Normally I'd take screenshots, but I'm not gonna since I can explain things without them.

It's too big. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too big. Every single bit of the map is overscaled. I feel like you can fit the entirety of Dustbowl in the RED spawn alone. Also has sightlines cp_orange can be proud of.

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
- Your skybox ceiling is way too low at the last point, where you can climb higher up
- Have at least 2, preferably 3 ways to get from one point to the next
- Last point confused me because if you choose to take the low route, across the bridges, then there's no way to get up the point
- Put more lighting in the spawns
- Mark where your capture zones are
- PLEASE add some kind of cover

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
I can guarantee that the name "water" has already been used.

Cytosolic

L5: Dapper Member
May 1, 2015
Played it in gameday and found some major flaws. First of all the whole map felt a little bit over scaled, as well as sightlines everywhere. Sniper was definitely too powerful. Just cut the boring parts out and shrink the rest and you'll fix that problem. Other than that, the map was too flat and open. In other words, boring. Around A and B there was no height variation at all making for flat boring gameplay. Add some buildings around too make things a bit more interesting. Also, since the map was so flat and open it didn't feel like the map catered too any class at all. No one felt like they were really being useful.

Another thing I'd like to bring up is flanks. Your map is very linear. There is only one path to get anywhere your going. Usually, unless it's a choke point, you want two ways into any one place. Especially if it's the room, or path to the room, containing the objective. If, on the other hand, it's is a choke point (something that needs too be handled Very carefully) you have other things too consider. There are few "true" choke points in TF2. Most of these choke points have some sort of flank too make it easier for one or both teams too slip though or defend a choke point.

Others have what I'll call "Aerial flanks", Aerial flanks do not connect though the flank but offer some sort of advantage over the choke point to the team holding them. These can be either be a height advantage outside or above the choke point that over looks it, or they can one way drop downs into the choke to give a push advantage, or even a engine nest position or health/ammo pack too give one team a fallback or boost. Or you could have up to all of them. In this way you can have choke points but not "choke points" so that no one will get too frustrated try to get through the same passage over and over and... over..... an......... over...... z.... zzz... (Snor)

Well that's all I'll ramble about for now. good luck with your map.

~Cyto

-Edit You should defiantly read your Feedback too.

Last edited:

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
This download has been removed and is no longer available for download.

Status
Not open for further replies.