Thoughts on Foundry

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Evidence that 5CP is the dominant way to play and Payload is some beta gamemode shit.

Mar 23, 2010
Evidence that 5CP is the dominant way to play and Payload is some beta gamemode shit.

hey i'd rather play a mode where the properly designed + skill-indexed classes (scout) are dominant/balanced than heavy, demo, and engy. and it's like DYNAMIC and SHIT.

Sep 1, 2009
This reminds me I need to play some tf2 D:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
hey i'd rather play a mode where the properly designed + skill-indexed classes (scout) are dominant/balanced than heavy, demo, and engy. and it's like DYNAMIC and SHIT.

The only balanced maps are KoTH and pl_badwater. 5CP are like the least played maps so i have no idea why Valve keep chucking them in; since dustbowl, badwater and goldrush are like the most played maps ever you'd think they'd release more A/D and/or PL maps. Sure, we got thundermountain and upward, which is cool, but i'd like to see more community PL, i mean, hoodoo is what, the only one? ...and even YM admits it's pretty atrocious.

Terwonick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 25, 2010
The only balanced maps are KoTH and pl_badwater. 5CP are like the least played maps so i have no idea why Valve keep chucking them in; since dustbowl, badwater and goldrush are like the most played maps ever you'd think they'd release more A/D and/or PL maps. Sure, we got thundermountain and upward, which is cool, but i'd like to see more community PL, i mean, hoodoo is what, the only one? ...and even YM admits it's pretty atrocious.

official PL contest, PLEASE!!!!

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009

5cp is probably the worst possible game mode, following ctf.

it's the only one that gets less fun the more balanced the teams are.

Mar 23, 2010
5cp is probably the worst possible game mode, following ctf.

it's the only one that gets less fun the more balanced the teams are.

these are opinions. why do you state them as facts. it's obnoxious.

Sep 1, 2009
I find this post obnoxious because it presents it's opinions as facts.

"Since when were you under the impression that all facts weren't opinion based?"

:3

Seriously though I like foundry :3

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
I'm not sure but the walls around the fire pit from hell appear to be the ones from the construction pack? I'm not 100% sure.

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
I enjoy playing on this map very much. I just played it for the first time the other night and I stomped some ass on it! The multiple routes is good and lets classes allow to flank as opposed to having to get stuck in some sort of choke. ::thumbs up::

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
I may be right.
R5zia.png

English Mobster

Jul 10, 2011
I'm not sure but the walls around the fire pit from hell appear to be the ones from the construction pack? I'm not 100% sure.
They aren't QUITE. Very similar, but there are quite a few differences between them if you compare the two in Hammer. They just share the same color tones, really. The differences are most notable at the top and bottom of the wall, where the colors are slightly different. The bricks themselves are also slightly less pronounced in the construction pack. They appear to have been based off the same reference images, but aren't the same texture.

Last edited:

Mr. Happy

Jul 16, 2008
Feels like quite a trek to get accross the map, too much dead space. Otherwise it's very good fun. Haven't seen a single real fight on the last point, it always stalemates at second or last goes quickly.
Middle has rediculous sightlines accross the entire thing and into adjacent areas it shouldn't see into.

The areas have alot of interesting shapes and things to jump on.

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
I would have enjoyed this map if the enemy team weren't repeatedly steamrolling through our defences :l

Anyway, it's quite a nice map.