This is just stupid!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fredrik, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Fredrik

Fredrik L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
  2. Kiddnils

Kiddnils L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Nothing special. Some people still think the earth is 6000 years old. That is magic.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  3. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    in 2000, 18% of Americans still thought that the Sun orbits around the Earth.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    In 2011, I'd say about 30% of girls on OKcupid still believe this (also don't know if evolution is real)

5. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    On this site 99% of the people are cute.

• Thanks Thanks x 15
  6. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Wait, you mean it doesn't?

• Thanks Thanks x 7
  7. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    You'll be surprised what Americans don't know.

55% of Americans think that The 4th of July was the signing of the Decleration of Independance, which was actually on the 2nd of August.
    24% of Americans don't know who they faught during the revolutionary war.
    Just under half of Americans believe Christianity is an older religion than Judaism.

8. TheKieranator

TheKieranator L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Most Americans (particularly in the southern states) think that the US has a state religion, and that the Founding Fathers intended their country to be some sort of theocracy. They also think that it's right to hate people who are different.

Also, I thought that the 4th of July was when the Declaration of Independence was signed. Then again, I'm not American, so that's okay.

9. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    No, it's when it was written.

Well, it comes as no surprise then that Americans have changed their pledge of allegance to include "one nation under God", which goes against everything the Founding Fathers stood for. The entire point of the Revolutionary War was to seperate church and state, because they were so fed up of the compulsary taxes of the british monarchy.

What kind of people use that site? 40-50 somethings? Up until the 1970's Evolution in schools was illegal. Crazy, huh?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  10. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    99 % of American's think the 1% are the cause of thier problems instead of looking into the mirror and saying that they are responsible for the country's economic problems by shopping at Walmart where the lowest price is the law.

You only get those low prices by buying cheap products made in another country where they have no regard for their workers.

Instead of boycotting Wall Street, have a massive protest outside of Wallmart - demand that they stock products made in North America and if they say no don't shop there for 1-2 days - get everyone to do it - when it hits their bottom line is when they'll start to listen. Buying local also saves the environment.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    Not only is that factually incorrect but... wholely unnecassery.

12. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    Buying local and ethical and so on is great and all, but sorting out wealth imbalances will have a knock-on effect. Amongst other things, people will then be able to afford to shop other places.

13. AngryAngus

AngryAngus L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    .....crazy is an understatement.
    And I bet half of these more uneducated people are the ones that say global warming and other 'hot' topics are all false with no proof. :thumbdown:

14. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    65% of Europeans admitted to being incredibly elitist towards 'murica.

15. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
  16. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    Well if you must know apparently that statistic is higher in Germany. But it's not as fun to rag on about the German's in regards to their average intelligence, only their sterotypical capacity for genocide :p

17. Mr. Wimples

Mr. Wimples L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    As a practicing Caprinomancer I find all of your conjecture about the article in the original post preposterous and insulting. Have some respect for your local witchdoctors.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  18. Tarry H Sruman

Tarry H Sruman Large Orphanage Proprietor

Positive Ratings:
    About 50% of people in my 12th grade English class don't know what a semicolon is

19. Terwonick

Terwonick L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not sure I want to google Caprinomancer... :p

20. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    And the other 50% think it's just a thing to use when you can't remember whether you're supposed to use a comma or a colon, amirite? ('Cause that's how everyone on the Internet uses it now.)