The Über Update, Day One

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Well, the new site is the most interesting thing so far to me. I'm gonna be using the Enforcer, though, once I get it. I wonder if they're going to add more class achievements to earn these, or just rely on drops. Because there are more things that could be made into achievements. Class-specific and otherwise.

There's so much new stuff in that screenshot alone it's incredible
What, the Barnblitz? The half-snowy roofs are literally the only new thing I see in there. Well, except maybe the wooden wall just right of dead center. Hard to tell.

Holy concept art, Batman! Did any of you look at the new artwork page?

The medic reminds me of the lead guy in Disney's Atlantis, whatever his name was.
Milo Thatch. And does anyone else wonder why they're prefaced with "human_"? Was there some period in development where they considered having them fight non-human enemies or something?

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Textures, satellite model, there's a mountain thing in the skybox, possible overlays

And yeah, for a while they were fighting aliens.

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Whilst i cant speak for the new weapons, there are three things i like about this update.
1) All the weapons so far are basic stat tweaks, rather than massive new effects.
2) All the weapons so far are based on base weapons, not replacements.
3) Multiple new maps (Raid mode, remember, still saying its a ctf variant)
4) Oh, yeah, there's a four too. Only one new hat. So far.
5) Ooh, ooh, and this too. It's back to the daily update schedule.

There is plenty of ways valve can still disappoint me.

Oh, and this, from PC Gamer

Tomislav: Who would’ve thought the Heavy could be a stealthy killer? With the silent spin-up of this sleek-looking mini-gun, you can hide behind corners fully revved, then guffaw when an unlucky passerby Pyro or Scout goes from full health to obliterated in seconds.

Because one-second kills from something you cant see coming are fun right guys?

REEJ

L420: High Member
Aug 26, 2010
New Spy Items?

me_gusta_by_megustaplz-d30cns2.jpg

McNuggetFiend

L3: Member
Jun 22, 2009
I really hope they do something like, increase the time it takes to bring up the Dead Ringer with that new gun, or else DR Spy has just gotten even more trollish, crutch, and hella annoying. Gonna try to keep the faith until Thurs.

Mar 23, 2010

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Disregarding balance for a moment, I'm ecstatic about the fact that the new weapons actually make sense in the universe (aesthetically and functionally) and there are so far no lazy utility items like the Sanvich clones. Not bad, not bad at all!

http://www.teamfortress.com/classes.php?class=medic

Holyshit ! We got the last point of barnblitz there !

"Including a final indoor point" they say. So I doubt it. Plus, what's a hospital doing practically on a farm? Still, could be another new map!

Sep 12, 2008
I think the hospital will indeed be a new map, but not barnblitz, because if you look at the bottom, you can see desert rocks, dead trees, rubble etc. wouldn't really fit with the snow eh?

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
Disregarding balance for a moment, I'm ecstatic about the fact that the new weapons actually make sense in the universe (aesthetically and functionally)

Because those fist things make him lighter and let him swing faster, but because they're pointed and sharp, they do less than half the damage as his fists.

Yep.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
At least they don't drain health or coat in piss...

This. I mean, some of these effects are ok but often they seem far too random and nonsensical. Brass knuckles making your fists swing faster isn't that farfetched, considering you wear them to "be better at fighting". A bleed effect would make more sense, though, but I'm glad they didn't go for that. I never saw the point of it. :/

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Feb 14, 2008
Theory 1: Hospital could be the basis for raid mode, taking into account the concept art of a tank Heavy. Theory 2: Theory 1 is wrong, and it's just a map they made to film Meet the Medic on.

Also, don't hate on the new weapons until you've played with them. I don't like that they're not very imaginative changes, personally, but at least they're kind of interesting.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
I suspect that wont be a new map. My reasons for this are twofold, as more things should be.
1) Creating an entirely new theme from scratch- from scatter terrain to textures, most overlays, props apart from the most generic, is something valve havent done since release.
2) Wartorn areas dont appear in TF2. This game is a deliberate step AWAY from standard military stuff. Barbed wire, shell-holes etc dont fit the style. (Say what you want about tf2's artstyle in recent times, i doubt an entire map will be released in that style.)