The Summer 2016 7.2 Hour Contest!

R4Y

L1: Registered
Feb 1, 2016
WTH is this thing that tf2maps did? This will be so exciting for who dosent have something to work!!!

R4Y

Feb 1, 2016
BTW Should it be speceficlly maps? can we make weapons,cosmetics...

Aug 30, 2015

yoseph

Apr 28, 2015
I was just going to do this on my own, being able to do it as part of a contest is even cooler! I'd better learn how to get cubemaps working in the meantime. . .

Hosomi

L3: Member
Jun 15, 2016
I'll probably go with an arena map, so I don't waste time with spawnrooms and such. I assume we can copypaste from ABS gametype library?
edit: ah, I misinterpreted that line of the rules, Thought it was referring to additional content

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2015
All times are in UTC!
This is a bit confusing, I cant understand the Time Converter, and the time selection area of the submission's times are using a 24 hour clock.

So, can this be simplified please?
Ex: (my ex)
Starting: 5:00 PM US Central (17:00) - Ending 7.2 hours later.

Do I simply click the starting time that uses this?
upload_2016-8-21_16-33-34.png

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Probably nothing of circumstance, but I accidentally put my Steam name as "KubeKing4556" (it should be "KubeKing"). There's no option to edit an already-submitted form.

I'll be competing and streaming on Saturday. I'm nervous, but excited.

DrLambda

L69: Teeheehee, Member
aa
Feb 18, 2015
Oh, by the way, for the 3-stage PL map subcontest - Would the possible participants happy with a Specialized Killstreak Conscientious Objector with a TF2M logo on it as a 2nd place price? It's valued at about 1 key, possibly a bit less.

Rules: Create, within the rules of the contest, a 3-stage PL map. I will not give out the price if your map is literally the 3 stage PL prefab. If i can see that there was some thought and work put into it, i'll honor that. Prices will be given out in order of placement in the main contest.

First place: Brush Pusher's Delight. A Strange Specialized Killstreak Citizen Pain (Jimijam) Minigun, Factory new
Second place: A Specialized Killstreak Conscientious Objector with a TF2M logo on it.

I'll add custom descriptions to show for which map you received them.

PS: If staff wants to take the items before the contest to make sure that i'm not bailing out, add me on Steam. I will give you two Description tags in that case so you can add them afterwards.