The Finale

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Yo, I already posted some type of goodbye on the Discord server, but I do like to be proper about these things.

About 9 and a half years ago I joined TF2Maps. Maybe I could have held out longer to reach that wonderfully even and sentimental 10 years, but quite frankly I do not care anymore. I uninstalled TF2 months ago, and I haven't launched a game on Steam since January. Needless to say I'm really done with TF2 this time. I never did get to finish a map properly, but that is just how life goes sometimes.

I joined this community when I was 14 years old, and I am now 23. Despite not finishing a map in all that time I learned a lot being here and I wanted to take some time to thank you all for the experience. Taking criticism well, interpreting abstract feedback, thinking in a 3D perspective, not being a teenager little shit, all things I can be grateful this community taught me in some way.

I've attached a .zip file to this post to justify it being in the orphanage. I don't have any memory of what is in these .vmfs and I don't think it really matters. There probably isn't a single idea worth taking but if you decide to comb through it feel free to look around and poach anything you like. I suppose the final question now is if any of you will ever see me again. In the vast realm of the internet, more than likely not. I won't be coming back to TF2Maps, and soon the memory of me will fade away just like the others who joined around the time I did. Just another ghost of the digital age.

Once more, thank you all for your time. This is where I get off.

Attachments

• thefinales.zip
    374.9 KB · Views: 85