TF2Maps Presents: The Winter 2017 72hour TF2Jam!

Andy Striker

L1: Registered
Feb 8, 2017
I ended up making an animation and i'm having trouble uploading it because it has a "wrong file extension" aka. mp4. help?

Brock Pootisson

Jan 5, 2016
Basicly, you aren't required to prove that it was done in 72hr frame unless you want to.

Can i post the videos here, as the 72 hour has started, tbh. i had finished the video for a long time, is it worth to post them here, there are finished (If Valve releases new Taunts)

Hosomi

L3: Member
Jun 15, 2016
Can i post the videos here, as the 72 hour has started, tbh. i had finished the video for a long time, is it worth to post them here, there are finished (If Valve releases new Taunts)
Not entierly sure what you mean by this. There's still half an hour till the Jam starts.
If you started working on these videos before the Jam, then they're not valid.
Videos have to be hosted on a different site then linked here, anyway.

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
I ended up making an animation and i'm having trouble uploading it because it has a "wrong file extension" aka. mp4. help?
If your file extension is not allowed, you can either .zip it or use an external download link, like Dropbox. However, please keep in mind that entries are supposed to be created during the jam time, not before - so you'll need to start something new.
The jam has not started yet - we still have about 30 minutes to go. Like I said above, you need to create something new during the jam time.

Brock Pootisson

Jan 5, 2016
If your file extension is not allowed, you can either .zip it or use an external download link, like Dropbox. However, please keep in mind that entries are supposed to be created during the jam time, not before - so you'll need to start something new.

The jam has not started yet - we still have about 30 minutes to go. Like I said above, you need to create something new during the jam time.

I see, I live in the Netherlands and the time at your side is different

Andy Striker

Feb 8, 2017
i thought it already started, crap. fair enough i guess

Aug 2, 2015
hopefully being set back about 4-5 hours due to school doesn't affect me too much...

Nuke

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 5, 2016
#clexit

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
The Jam is now live!

HOW TO ENTER

See the first post for full instructions. In summary:
  • Make something TF2-related during the time period.
  • For your submission to count, it must be uploaded to the Downloads section in the 72hr Jam Entries category, before the time period ends.
    • Click here to get to the upload page.
    • You are not required to post your submission in this thread for it to count!
  • To get the medal:
    • Make sure your Steam account is connected to your forum account [click here]
    • If you have collaborators, PM LeSwordfish with their names, SteamIDs, and roles [click here]
    • Put some effort in! We reserve the right to refuse medals to low-effort entries.
HOW TO GET YOUR MAP TESTED
First, make sure your map follows these rules:
  • Don't use special characters or capital letters in your filename.
  • Maps must be able to spawn at least 24 players (12 per team).
  • Include some lighting - no fullbright maps.
  • If your map requires point_servercommands to be active, then contact an admin before running it. We reserve the right to refuse any map like this.
  • Head over to this page and upload your map to the servers.
  • Join the Steam chat and type !add your_map_filename
    • VBot will respond to confirm that your map is added.
    • Use !delete your_map_filename if you wish to remove your map from the list.
  • Join the Steam group to get notifications when tests start.
  • Our server IPs:
    • Dallas (US): 66.150.214.251:27015
    • Frankfurt (EU): 31.186.251.51:27015
    • Australia: 103.231.91.60:27035
Good luck!

Last edited:

Nuke

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 5, 2016
Uhm, when's clock fix?