TF2Maps Presents: The Summer 2016 72hr TF2Jam!

1blitzer1

L1: Registered
Jul 21, 2016
Why does anyone give a shit about the medal?

I honestly found out about the medal after seeing this post.It really shouldn't mean much.Some people just got in for the medal.Like wtf? It's not like it will be worth 20 keys anyway.Now,the medal will mean much to me because it will be the only evidence that i did partake in the jam,but that's it.It is sad to enter the jam and do something shitty on purpose just to get the medal.

Point being,if you entered for the medal,but did your best work to EARN it,great.

If you entered not for the medal,but for the jam itself,great.

If you entered for the medal,but you for some reason can't make your best work,(ex. you are on your grandma's laptop),but you still tried your best,great.

You entered for the medal but didn't put in any effort and did something shitty in 10 minutes just to get it?

17koi7.jpg
Same, I planned on participating before learning that the medal even existed. It feels like it was supposed to be a nice little reward for participation, not a goal to work up to. I hate when people do anything they can just for a virtual item, especially one they didn't deserve.

hunterskills

Jul 22, 2016

I honestly found out about the medal after seeing this post.It really shouldn't mean much.Some people just got in for the medal.Like wtf? It's not like it will be worth 20 keys anyway.Now,the medal will mean much to me because it will be the only evidence that i did partake in the jam,but that's it.It is sad to enter the jam and do something shitty on purpose just to get the medal.

Point being,if you entered for the medal,but did your best work to EARN it,great.

If you entered for the medal,but you for some reason can't make your best work,(ex. you are on your grandma's laptop),but you still tried your best,great.

You entered for the medal but didn't put in any effort and did something shitty in 10 minutes just to get it?

17koi7.jpg
So you're basically saying only people with a high-knowladge bracket of, Mapping, Coding(scripting), Or high literature skills(eg:fanfiction), Or a great art-work mind are only allowed the medal?
What if someone is unskilled in all of these categories. Yet wants to contribute but can't?

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
So you're basically saying only people with a high-knowladge bracket of, Mapping, Coding(scripting), Or high literature skills(eg:fanfiction), Or a great art-work mind are only allowed the medal?
What if someone is unskilled in all of these categories. Yet wants to contribute but can't?
It's pretty easy to tell the difference between someone who's not very good but tried anyway, and someone who just shat something out in the space of 10 minutes.

hunterskills

Jul 22, 2016
It's pretty easy to tell the difference between someone who's not very good but tried anyway, and someone who just shat something out in the space of 10 minutes.
Well yeah, But i'm saying it's pretty ignorant to post that in the first place tbh, Not everyone has a great mind for mapping or even 3D Modeling.

Hotel Detective

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 10, 2014
Well yeah, But i'm saying it's pretty ignorant to post that in the first place tbh, Not everyone has a great mind for mapping or even 3D Modeling.
Those aren't the only things being submitted. You could have done anything if you put your mind to it.

Here's my example: http://tf2maps.net/downloads/koth_remnant.1885/
I've NEVER made a map before, I think it came out pretty well.
Everything I've done in this map could have been learned from the like 3 hours it takes to watch UEAKCrash's tutorials

If someone isn't willing to try, we're not the ones you should be upset at.

Last edited:

hunterskills

Jul 22, 2016
Those aren't the only things being submitted. You could have done anything if you put your mind to it.

Here's my example: http://tf2maps.net/downloads/koth_remnant.1885/
I've NEVER made a map before, I think it came out pretty well.
Everything I've done in this map could have been learned from the like 3 hours it takes to watch UEAKCrash's tutorials

If someone isn't willing to try, we're not the ones you should be upset at.
Yeah i attempted to make a map watching youtube vids, But tl:dr i'm dumb and couldn't understand the concept, I've tried in the past before to try and understand how to aswell, Same for 3D Modeling.
And i submitted the only thing i know, Competitive tf2 tactics & medic gameplay. :/

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
The important thing is, though, that you tried anyway and you did your best. And that's still worthy of a medal in my opinion.

ethosaur

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 18, 2010
Is it just me or is maps re-uploaded not updating? It still shows as 0 Bytes for me unless I did something wrong. Also will there be a fix for previous maps or do we have to reupload every map even before the jam?

action

L2: Junior Member
Jul 11, 2016
Please read the post.Nothing in my post was ignorant.Let me remind you,if you didn't get it:
See dat m8?
I wanted to put out that no matter where you are and what you did,as long as you put some damn effort in it and didn't shit it out in 10 mins to get the medal,you deserve the medal.
And i think my post was pretty clear.
Please read it once again if you didn't get it.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Please read the post.Nothing in my post was ignorant.Let me remind you,if you didn't get it:

See dat m8?
I wanted to put out that no matter where you are and what you did,as long as you put some damn effort in it and didn't shit it out in 10 mins to get the medal,you deserve the medal.
And i think my post was pretty clear.
Please read it once again if you didn't get it.

Alright, lets please stop discussing who deserves the medal, please. Leave that to us to decide.

action

Jul 11, 2016
Alright, lets please stop discussing who deserves the medal, please. Leave that to us to decide.
Sowwy swordfish ;(

No really sorry,i felt like i was being attacked XD
And sorry to the guy who started the beef,can't we all just agree that we did ok?
I never pointed at anyone and said "yep,he did that"

NotSoHoriz

L3: Member
May 20, 2016
Sowwy swordfish ;(

No really sorry,i felt like i was being attacked XD
And sorry to the guy who started the beef,can't we all just agree that we did ok?
I never pointed at anyone and said "yep,he did that"
No need to worry. The good thing is is that everyone made some sort of content and got it submitted to the jam. The thing that will hurt for the people that made stuff in 10 minutes is that everyone knows their project won't be featured.

action

Jul 11, 2016
No need to worry. The good thing is is that everyone made some sort of content and got it submitted to the jam. The thing that will hurt for the people that made stuff in 10 minutes is that everyone knows their project won't be featured.
Yeah,i know.
Took me 5 hours to write a 3-4 page fanfic.
I literally made like 3 pages,deleted them cause they sucked,then made 4 more,liked them,posted the fanfic,and now i realise it is crap.

But i am proud for putting much effort in it XD

Flipy

I like foxes
aa
Jul 20, 2016
I cant figure out how to get downloads working after the issue, so I just uploaded workshop versions / links to be used instead, if thats ok

SelfDE

Jul 19, 2016

17koi7.jpg
After annoucing it over reddit and such, you should expecing some low effort entries, because free items.
On the other hand, I am sure in the last jam it wasn't that different.