TF2maps presents: The Pacific Pack!

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
More WIP stuffs:

DJsL7hZ.jpg

Lounge chair has only AO + solidcolours. I'm planning to sculpt a normal map so the cushions don't look like blocks of wood, but feeling a bit lazy right now.

Btw, Gadget actually made a really great beach bucket as a misc in the workshop. Wish I'd seen it first, then I'd have felt the need to make the map prop a little more interesting!

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009
I was being serious when i considered learning modelling just for this.

3cD7N.jpg

Texture is still crap, but i'll learn how to get it right eventually.

those seems you can see in the texture probably means your painting right upto the UV lines, go over them a bit

Batandy

L3: Member
Oct 10, 2010
More WIP stuffs:

DJsL7hZ.jpg

Lounge chair has only AO + solidcolours. I'm planning to sculpt a normal map so the cushions don't look like blocks of wood, but feeling a bit lazy right now.

Btw, Gadget actually made a really great beach bucket as a misc in the workshop. Wish I'd seen it first, then I'd have felt the need to make the map prop a little more interesting!

Don't forget to make a skin for the sand castle based on this:

RaVaGe

aa
Jun 23, 2010
Can you create props for the maps instead all those fucking weapons, I mean we have already 150000 new weapons and hats, this map pack idea comes from the fact that Valve is just looking for weapons/hats and not maps, so please create us props for the maps instead that, despite it's well made and all, but we need more props and textures than 50 new weapons.

Just my though.

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
Plus, it's just one guy. If he ends up making the majority of models, it's more telling of other modelers than it is of him, wouldn't you think? ;)

Beetle

Aug 17, 2008
If I were to make tropical plants, would it be OK to exaggerate some features? For instance, say I want to make a pitcher plant. Would it be OK to drastically increase the size of the pitcher just to emphasize that's not just some regular ol' plant?

Sep 7, 2012
If I were to make tropical plants, would it be OK to exaggerate some features? For instance, say I want to make a pitcher plant. Would it be OK to drastically increase the size of the pitcher just to emphasize that's not just some regular ol' plant?

I would say it's ok, so long as it doesn't exceed the size of a player model.

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
Last edited:

Beetle

Aug 17, 2008
your spoiler seems to be empty.

I was thinking of doing this, sans the pot.

YXV0F7O.jpg

Last edited: