Jul 31, 2009
ship07.jpg

Batandy

L3: Member
Oct 10, 2010
My current work:
3874C.jpg

A big palm tree with coconuts!

I've used the palm mesh from cp_egypt's palm as base, obviously, i'll also make different versions of it, with smaller/bigger sizes and different positions

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I'm actually not a huge fan of egypts palms...they're not very pacifiy.

They should be tall and thin, with a large "poof" of leaves, like here;

859189-palm-cove-queensland-escape.jpg

Batandy

L3: Member
Oct 10, 2010
I'm actually not a huge fan of egypts palms...they're not very pacifiy.

They should be tall and thin, with a large "poof" of leaves, like here;

859189-palm-cove-queensland-escape.jpg

i'll also make those there'll be different versions of it, iwas looking to make the "classic" palm tree first, you know, the one which appears in every tv show, cartoon etc, then i'll move on to more complex shapes

Last edited:

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
As it was strongly requested I post a screenshot of my map...here you have it. It's pretty rough so far. Spent a lot of time on the ship. Go me.

01.jpg

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Sure! :) That'd be lovely, but don't feel the need to, it's not particuarly urgent in this stage, mostly dev textures :p

Mar 23, 2010
dont palm trees usually have a slight curve? i guess not always, according to g images. good work!

SyntheticSauce

L1: Registered
Jun 23, 2012
Great work you guys, the textures, models, and maps look great!
I made this model of a flotation device:
Fxf24GG.png

GoPY0LK.png

(It won't be as shiny ing-game, its just the render settings)
I exported it into a .smd, and the UV map into a .tga, however i'm not sure what to do now. How do I import the model into hammer or the model viewer? There are tons of good tutorials out there, but they are all for hats and models and not for props.
I'm sorry if there is an obvious answer or tutorial out there, if there is, could you show link me to the tutorial or write the steps? (I have GCFscape, MDLdecompiler, Notepad++, VTFedit, Hammer, etc.) I have Blender and the student version of 3dsMax and Maya
Thank You!

Last edited:

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
I'll be very happy when this is complete. I don't like how the most used tropical props are those ones someone on the forums ripped from Far Cry a long time ago (I think)

I exported it into a .smd, and the UV map into a .tga, however i'm not sure what to do now. How do I import the model into hammer or the model viewer? There are tons of good tutorials out there, but they are all for hats and models and not for props.
I'm sorry if there is an obvious answer or tutorial out there, if there is, could you show link me to the tutorial or write the steps? (I have GCFscape, MDLdecompiler, Notepad++, VTFedit, Hammer, etc.) I have Blender and the student version of 3dsMax and Maya
Thank You!

I used this by itself http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=838 . The only thing I never managed to get answered on these forums is how to animate. I tried everything and it never worked, and slowly my topic fell to the bottom with no one answering it. Anyway, this is all I used and I got the model in-game successfully.

Last edited: