TF2maps presents: The Pacific Pack!

Batandy

L3: Member
Oct 10, 2010
34t98.png

I'm reworking the texture again, because it sucked and it wasn't very TF2-like.
I still need to improve the metal and texture the screws

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Just as an FYI, I'm working on some textures and props for the theme. Specifically some generically useful ones like these:

• starfish, plus robo version for MvM islanders
  • robo-fish
  • cluster of shells
  • resort table, with seperate umbrella/parasol

Obviously will do other things like palms, tiki torches and such, but these are the ones I'll have finished first. And it looks like the resort table + umbrella is already needed.

Batandy

Oct 10, 2010
36w31.png

Also, a question, am i allowed to put the set on the workshop before the pacific pack gets released, or should i keep the items hidden until you've completed the maps and all the other stuff?

Also, could i have a sample of your current work, textures and model wise? i'd like to make some props

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Also, a question, am i allowed to put the set on the workshop before the pacific pack gets released, or should i keep the items hidden until you've completed the maps and all the other stuff?

Also, could i have a sample of your current work, textures and model wise? i'd like to make some props

E-Arkham has the models atm.

Yes, you can if you want. I think we might be getting some little logo's that you can put on the images in the workshop to show that it's part of the pacific pack (kind of akin to the Night of the Living update 2 logo's they used for submissions). So if you want to wait for that, thats fine.

Batandy

Oct 10, 2010
E-Arkham has the models atm.

Yes, you can if you want. I think we might be getting some little logo's that you can put on the images in the workshop to show that it's part of the pacific pack (kind of akin to the Night of the Living update 2 logo's they used for submissions). So if you want to wait for that, thats fine.

Sure, i'll wait for the logo and for more updates on this pack

Edit:
Wip of a beach umbrella
36J1e.jpg

Obviously, it will be team coloured

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Seems like the sort of thing that would be better off as a "flat" mesh with $nocull, since it's made of one of the few materials that behaves that way IRL.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Agreed, the parasol should be infinitely thin. Perhaps even a little transparent.

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
I like them but have no opinion on the thickness. The texturing is nice.

Batandy

Oct 10, 2010
Alright, i'll make it more thin.

I'm actually having an hard time making a proper phymodel which lets you stand on the top of it, i think it might require to have a player clip on the top

EDIT:
37nqz.jpg

EDIT2:

Here's a beach poster
37oZX.png

is it good?

Last edited:

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Oh no, it's going to be huge and big and a main part of my map :) It's just the blocking out so far, it will gain much detail in the coming days!

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Um... I did say I was making a resort table + umbrella. :p

H81mz6F.jpg

No specular or phong settings yet.

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
very nice, and even though you both did umbrellas, I like that there are two styles.