TF2Maps New Years Resolutions

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Actually finish Glassworks. Work on pl_crash/ Subzero again and get it in really good shape. Update Trainsawlaser/ Wubwubwub. Update Stoneyridge finally (this will hopefully be very soon in the new year). Take on some more paid mapping jobs. Start and get pretty far along with an extreme basics to intermediate skill level "How To Make TF2 Maps" video series on my Youtube channel. Keep up with my Youtube channel in general, hopefully make it much more popular?

Make a PLR map. Make a map for one of the unique gamemode ideas I've had kicking around in my head for awhile.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Oh, by the way, Happy New Year EST!

puxorb

L69: Emoticon
aa
Dec 15, 2013
Warning: this one is kinda gross.

I am going to try to get rid of the excessive amounts of acne on my back. There are ways to make it go away like changing bed sheets every few days and cleaning it thoroughly. I have been lazy for the last few years and its in the hundreds and really gross.

Also I have to take testosterone injections (basically steroids) due to off-balance hormones and it is a major side effect of that.

I am also going to try to walk to work more (if weather permits).

Moonfixer

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 23, 2014
Let's see. Get koth_outskirts to late beta, start on a new map that I have planned out, become a better mapper continue to balance work/marriage life and do so more proficiently. Mmmm... That's pretty much it.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
in terms of mapping? actually start a mapping project that doesn't get scrapped due to poor design.

in general? probably a bunch of transgender stuff....

i want to try making more money from design commissions this year.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I started writing in a diary app in mid December, I'll keep that going. It's surprising how much the format of something makes it more appealing. Writing in a book -> not interesting and I'll forget, an app doesn't feel girly and it reminds me at 8pm every day. Also the excuse to use my tablet rather than just muck around watching adventure time on it is a good one.

I bought a TF2 server the other day. I've often considered this, I've seen a lot of outcry over server quality on places like reddit recently, so I took the plunge and will be running that hopefully for a long time!

I have to move out of my parents house this year, so finding a real job and a temporary rented place will be happening.

TF2 mapping wise, I am torn between cranking up map production and stopping entirely and focusing on indie gamedev. but since mapping has actually earnt me money, that holds a lot of sway in my decision making.

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Put my yet-to-be-named 5CP map on a proper development path. During the last several months I was working on it (and before I joined this site), it was never properly tested and eventually got cluttered beyond saving. Now that it's a new year, I thought it would be a great time to start on a clean slate and remake it.

I also need to finish my transfer application, get accepted, and start looking for internships...and try not to let mapping get in the way of classes again