TF2Maps.net Mapping Contest #7: Payload (Dynamic element)

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
I ran through his map, everything was there.

that's good.
was only posting that since he had a link to "additional" stuff

Ezekel

Dec 16, 2008
30 seconds left! :D

Ezekel

Dec 16, 2008

Erilis

L2: Carpets, Travel Goods & Bedding
Dec 24, 2008
What thread am I supposed to post it in if not the contest thread itself?
Please explain.

--
Just now noticed the TF2Maps.net Mapping Contest #7: Upload Thread...

Why on earth do you guys have two threads for this? And why even bother submitting it to the Contest Entries subforum if our maps can only be submitted through this thread?

I'm trying hard to be a good sport about this but I've worked on that map for about a month now and you're telling me that submitting it in the contest thread and the contest entries thread was not enough.

Last edited:

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008

ics

aa
Jun 17, 2010
What thread am I supposed to post it in if not the contest thread itself?
Please explain.

--
Just now noticed the TF2Maps.net Mapping Contest #7: Upload Thread...

Why on earth do you guys have two threads for this? And why even bother submitting it to the Contest Entries subforum if our maps can only be submitted through this thread?

I'm trying hard to be a good sport about this but I've worked on that map for about a month now and you're telling me that submitting it in the contest thread and the contest entries thread was not enough.

I kind of agree with you on this. The contest entry thread should have been enough to do so. I only learned about the upload thread by mere accident. However there are many maps there that didn't had any progress since they were released and there are lots of new entries here that are not in that section of these forums.

ics

aa
Jun 17, 2010
Not only that, but how did you not notice the Upload Thread for the entire past week?

It's actually quite well hidden if you are somewhat new here like me or browse only occasionally. Unless you know where to look for.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
oh ics you quoted me before I deleted that.

The point of my deleted post was basically: had you read the rules thoroughly, you'd have seen the mention of submissions opening, indicating a form of submission separate from (1) this thread (2) the entries subforum. Beyond that, context clues such as no one else posting maps in this thread should have clued you in.

I don't think the thread is hidden. It was frequently the last posted in thread in this forum, meaning it was on the front page, and it is stickied.

Erilis

L2: Carpets, Travel Goods & Bedding
Dec 24, 2008
oh ics you quoted me before I deleted that.

The point of my deleted post was basically: had you read the rules thoroughly, you'd have seen the mention of submissions opening, indicating a form of submission separate from (1) this thread (2) the entries subforum. Beyond that, context clues such as no one else posting maps in this thread should have clued you in.

I don't think the thread is hidden. It was frequently the last posted in thread in this forum, meaning it was on the front page, and it is stickied.

It may have indicated the existence of the thread but authors shouldn't have to rely on context clues to guess at how to enter the contest. The contest thread alone should at least clearly state how to submit your map to be considered, regardless of how obvious the clues are to some.

So that's it? My map's not even going to be in the running because despite having it in the contest thread and the contest entries thread it wasn't in the third thread? Meanwhile other authors can still edit their maps in the "72 hour grace period" to fix any critical errors and mistakes?

There's got to be someone I can talk to to get my map in the running.

Monsterclip

L2: Junior Member
Jul 9, 2011
It's not obvious to people that don't live here and have done these before. I had to ask, and I felt like I had investigated enough.

I guess the difference is that I asked.