TF2Maps.net 72hr Contest #4 - Prelim questions!

When is the best time for the 72hr Contest?

• Mid to Late May

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Early to Mid June

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Mid to Late June

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Early to Mid July

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Mid to Late July

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Early to Mid August

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters

Turbo Lover

Fight me under Glasgow Central Station
aa
Feb 15, 2011
The rules as they stand currently allow people to make MvM maps, not sure if that's intentional, but I think we should disallow that to make testing the entries less of a hassle and to give people a break from the gamemode.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Alright, looks like this will be late June. I'm thinking around the time as last years will work.

I don't yet have a specific time yet, so throw me some dates.

I know you guys hate koth, but as of now, I think I will be allowing it for multiple reasons. MvM maps are not allowed, though... unless someone can provide a good way to get it tested.

goatcheese3

L1: Registered
Dec 30, 2012
June 21-22-23 will be the 4th almost-annual 72hr contest.

Date already decided.
Read the whole thread before you reply.

EDIT: Now, concerning the contest itself, I have a problem. I won't be able to map on the Saturday or Sunday of the contest (and also most of Friday), but I might have plenty of time during the weekdays before it. So, is there a way that I could do the contest on W-T-F? (ha)

As in, I start on Wednesday, and someone keeps a copy of any .bsp I may manage to make so I can't change it.

Or you could change the rules to make it Wednesday-Thursday-Friday and change the tradition just for me, a noob mapper who hasn't even released their first map yet.

EDIT #2: Thanks for reading this mini wall of text. But, I probably won't have time to enter this contest at all. We'll see.

And, even if I do have time, I won't have the skill required to do this. But again, we'll see.

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
late june or early july, or right now is best for me :)

Great! Because June 21st to 23rd is the date!

Date already decided.
Read the whole thread before you reply.

EDIT: Now, concerning the contest itself, I have a problem. I won't be able to map on the Saturday or Sunday of the contest (and also most of Friday), but I might have plenty of time during the weekdays before it. So, is there a way that I could do the contest on W-T-F? (ha)

As in, I start on Wednesday, and someone keeps a copy of any .bsp I may manage to make so I can't change it.

Or you could change the rules to make it Wednesday-Thursday-Friday and change the tradition just for me, a noob mapper who hasn't even released their first map yet.

EDIT #2: Thanks for reading this mini wall of text. But, I probably won't have time to enter this contest at all. We'll see.

And, even if I do have time, I won't have the skill required to do this. But again, we'll see.

I do have a clause in the rules that allow for early entry into the contes the week before the actual weekend event, so you could do this. I haven't set a deadline yet for when you need to tell me when to do this, so pay attention to the official thread I should have up in the next few days for that. Then just message me on here if you feel like you even MIGHT do it (It's better to say that you will, and then not do it... than to not do it and regret not doing it later. If you decide to drop out I won't care, nor be angry).

This applies to everyone.