1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

TF2Maps Map Workshop Collection

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by sevin, Jun 3, 2015.

1. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Fantasma

aa Fantasma

Positive Ratings:
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  3. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    I tried contacting you, I wasn't sure if you had made a collection or not already.

4. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  5. DrLambda

aa DrLambda L69: Teeheehee, Member

Positive Ratings:
  6. Hanz

aa Hanz Ravin' Rabbid

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. phi

aa phi Let Pain Be Your Guide

Positive Ratings:
  8. Teddy Schnapps

Teddy Schnapps L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
  9. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry I haven't added these yet, my internets been very unreliable lately. It shall be done soon!

10. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    OK, updated to include everything here. In the future, please include a link to your map's thread as well.

11. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
  12. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    Finished doing another pass across the workshop. I'll post a discussion on the collection page to encourage people to submit their maps. Pretty soon it will be impossible for me to continue scouring the corners of the workshop for TF2M maps.

13. Kinas10

Kinas10 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  14. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
  15. Kinas10

Positive Ratings:
    Wrong link. Editing.

16. DonutVikingChap

DonutVikingChap L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
  17. Turbo Lover

aa Turbo Lover Fight me under Glasgow Central Station

Positive Ratings:
    Yo, if your map is actually just a single room? It probably doesn't hold up to the same standard as the other submissions.

I'm guessing this is your first map, and you made this to familiarise yourself with Hammer, and that's cool, but it's not going to be fun or interesting to play on.

I'd recommend taking a look at some of our tutorials for designing map layouts and coming up with something new. If you do that with your next map, submit it to a few of our playtests, iron out its kinks based on feedback? It just might stand up to the other submissions in this thread, which have all seen a lot of time and effort put into them to make them as good as they can be.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    Kinas, I'm only going to accept maps that are fully playable and offer variation enough for each class to enjoy. A box does not promote enjoyable gameplay for any game mode I'm afraid. This is not to discourage you from continuing to develop the map out of its box, but I hope you will understand that in its current state it does not represent TF2Maps.net accurately.

19. Kinas10

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for being the first person actually understanding me. This was indeed my first map, And i mostly just wanted to see what people thought of that kind of maps.
    I'll try to create real spawn rooms (I've been using Ueak Crash's toturials until now, Only chapter one though.) and possibly also an actual gameplay mechanic. The series that i am following has not yet covered anything on that side.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  20. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Try not to use Crash's tutorials as a direct basis on making a map. His tutorials are mostly there for guidance and just starting out. Try not to go ahead of what you're actually capable of and just practice for now. Keep your practice work to yourself until you're confident that you've got something worth testing.