TF2Maps Mafia

sniprpenguin

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 14, 2008
I actually have to agree with Rikka on this one. Icarus voting for no-one seems alright, but then Grim comes in and votes with him?

But now people are starting to drop their Icarus votes like flies in favor of no lynching, like a bunch of dirty hippies. Let's do some math.

Every day, two people will theoretically die. One will be a random death (in essence), one will be a non-mafia death.

With 15 people, there are a maximum of 7 days. However, the game (can) ends as soon as the Mafia outnumbers the villagers, because the mafia would just vote together and kill everyone else.

Assuming 3/4 mafia, that really gives us a minimum of 4 or 5 days. No matter your reasoning, the villagers can't win with 3 lucky lynchings, especially if they are 4 mafia, because the 4th night rolls around and they win.

That is why we must have a lynch the first day, no matter what. You will know that one unlucky person is not a mafia if we don't, which leads us back to square one. At least we can get two people down and have a 25% chance of getting one mafia. Hell, it's better than the chances of getting a hat.

I maintain my vote for Icarus, and I suggest that nobody votes for nobody.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
May I remind you that this is Mafia. Try not to edit or delete your posts. It's like going "this guy is mafia" and then going "no, I change my mind!" If you do. Make a new post. Double post if necessary, but try not to edit.

Nov 14, 2009
Strategically, it's a bad way to earn the trust of the rest of the town. It makes you less trustworthy as the game goes on. And it makes the game less fun.

You lurk, I have no read on you. That isn't a good thing, especially at the end of day 1.

unvote:nobody
Vote: Rikka

Reason: Douchebag

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
You are all on board with randomly lynching until you start losing in the votes when suddenly you realize that we don't have to lynch anyone? I'm not buying it. Seems like too convenient a realization.

If you suddenly find yourself one vote away from being lynched on day 1, your tune would change, too.

If it wasn't for this I'd probably stay quiet, too.

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
Dear god.
You leave for 3 days and so much happens o_O
But personally, for me, the only way you could tell if someone is the mafia is how they react to possibly being lynched during the day and voting to lynch for someone else. If you don't lynch anyone, then it's far harder to work out who the mafia could be. This whole idea of voting for no-one makes no sense if you want to actually find out who the mafia are.

Nov 14, 2009
Dear god.
You leave for 3 days and so much happens o_O
But personally, for me, the only way you could tell if someone is the mafia is how they react to possibly being lynched during the day and voting to lynch for someone else. If you don't lynch anyone, then it's far harder to work out who the mafia could be. This whole idea of voting for no-one makes no sense if you want to actually find out who the mafia are.

And that is why I lurk this thread, so no one will have a read on me. And thats what any smart Maffia would do.
he he he

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
That's what I thought, tuesday, but then I realised that A) its boring, and B) this was a perfect chance to troll a mafia into responding, and possibly giving away hi mafia status.

Also, I noticed that you said "that's what any mafia would do" not "that's what any mafia would do, too."

SUSPICION LEVELS RISING

(looks like your plan got derailed)

Last edited:

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
If you're town, you'll be suspicious of anyone lurking. And anyone making posts without any substance.

Nov 14, 2009
That's what I thought, tuesday, but then I realised that A) its boring, and B) this was a perfect chance to troll a mafia into responding, and possibly giving away hi mafia status.

Also, I noticed that you said "that's what any mafia would do" not "that's what any mafia would do, too."

SUSPICION LEVELS RISING

(looks like your plan got derailed)

If I was the maffia, WOULD I BE POSTINGS SUSPICIOUS POSTS, hmmm?

Your choice, bro.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Dear god you people are indecisive.

Well, I hate to sever the discussion, but this has gone on for two weeks already.

Day 1 is now over. Nobody was lynched, everyone survives.

Please send in your night actions before day 2 in 48 hours