TF2Maps Mafia

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
Numerous, that was a big wall of nothing. And nerdboy is hardly the only one using this stupid "we'll lynch someone and in the morning we'll know who mafia is" strategy.

EVERYONE needs to make a post tommorrow. We need a lynch. And we need at least a bit of reason for that person to be lynched, however small. Because you know the way this game has gone so far, it's going to be small.

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
Come to think of it, how many people are in the mafia anyways?

If there's 11 people in the game, then a quarter of them would be 3, right?

Which REALLY narrows it down, eh.

EDIT: Also, let's undeadlock it;
Unvote:Nerdboy
Vote:Icarus

Yet 'nuther edit:
Wow, I fail at counting. more than 3, I think.

Also, nerdboy, I'm always defneding myself like this. Besides, it's my duty as resident troll to make everyone paranoid as hell.

Last edited:

sniprpenguin

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 14, 2008
Unvote: Numerous
Vote: Icarus

We need this lynching, no matter what side you are. There's still the chance he's Mafia.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
We need this lynching, no matter what side you are. There's still the chance he's Mafia.

Why do we need a lynching? aly already said after today if nobody is voted nobody gets lynched.

And the chance of randomly lynching a non-mafia is ~3 times more likely than a mafia.

If you actually think about it, the most logical course of action is to just not vote anyone until at least day 1 is over when we actually have some reason to lynch people. Randomly voting someone away without cause will most likely hurt us in the end.

This is something the mafia would probably never agree to.

So, If it's possible:

Unvote: nerdboy
Vote: Nobody

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2009
Unvote: nerdboy
Vote: nobody

Reason: Agree with Icarus. Next time we play, we just shouldnt have day 1 last for more than 48 hours.

Numerous

Oct 14, 2009
..except last time I checked, the mafia gets to remove someone once the day is over. Therefore, if nobody plays their cards, we don't have anything to go on and will eventually lose.

Personally, I reckon we should vote off icarus.

Unvote: Icarus

..because I feel like it.

EDIT: I reckon grim tuesday and icarus are mafia. They haven't provided any adequate reason whatsoever to lynch this Nobody guy.

Last edited:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
...and how is randomly voting one of us off going to give us something to go on?

I don't think you understand my reasoning. I'm just talking about Day 1 when I say don't vote anyone off.

Feel free to go crazy in Day 2

Last edited:

Numerous

Oct 14, 2009
Because voting one person off will reveal whether they're mafia or innocent, and naturally reveals their intentions.

PS: DO NOT TRY TO REPLY IN THE MIDDLE OF TF2 ETC IT DOESNT WORK VERY WELL

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought their roles weren't revealed at the end of lynchs/murders.

The only official announcement that will be made is whether or not the Mafia still exists. Anyone choosing to 'reveal' their role at any time before the end of the game is unreliable.

Last edited:

Numerous

Oct 14, 2009
Icarus, plenty of other people also think the same thing. Like me.

Also, come to think of it, if the mafia don't know who eachother are, then lynching wouldn't be too useful, as they wouldn't have left signs of collaboration etc due to not knowing who's a fellow mafia and who isn't.
So I suppose:

Unvote: Icarus
Vote: Nobody.
I don't trust the shifty bastard anyways.

Numerous

Oct 14, 2009
What do you mean by their affinity?

Because honestly, if you don't know whether you eliminated a mafia or not when you hang em, it kinda defeats the purpose of the game.

Not to mention every normal mafia game does it.

Rikka

Feb 10, 2009
By affinity, she means whether they're town or mafia.

No lynching is a pretty bad idea. You need lynches. That's the only way to get the mafia. If this wasn't, you know, us, we would have had a lot more discussion to go off of, and so when we got a flip more to base a read off of. No one's talking, so again all I have is the flimsy run against the penguin. Icarus pushing a no lynch is suspicious. His argument my seem sound, but tomorrow will be no different from today at this rate.

But grim is far worse. He's barely posted, and just shows up with "yeah, Icarus is right." Another pick for scum right now.

What we really need is MORE ACTIVITY. There are people who have barely posted, who have barely said a thing. Mafia will lurk to keep attention off themselves. You say nothing, you piss off no one.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
You talk too much, you make yourself a target.

Strategically, it's a sound way to play the game early on.

Okrag

Wall Staples
aa
Jun 10, 2009
Unvote: Nerdboy

You are all on board with randomly lynching until you start losing in the votes when suddenly you realize that we don't have to lynch anyone? I'm not buying it. Seems like too convenient a realization.

Rikka

Feb 10, 2009
Strategically, it's a bad way to earn the trust of the rest of the town. It makes you less trustworthy as the game goes on. And it makes the game less fun.

You lurk, I have no read on you. That isn't a good thing, especially at the end of day 1.