TF2Maps Mafia

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I guess I'm not supposed to reveal till I'm actually dead :eek:

A majority vote is required for us to move on (in this case, it's 8)

Rikka

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 10, 2009
You can claim whenever you want. If you're town hoping to keep the lynch off yourself, a claim can you save you.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
You can role claim at any time. Whether people believe you or not is a different matter. A viable stratergy on the first day is pressuring people to get some leads.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
You can claim whenever you want. If you're town hoping to keep the lynch off yourself, a claim can you save you.

...or get the mafia after you :eek:

You'll be damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The whole point is trying to read each other, or put the suspicion onto others.

It'd be more fun if this was done in person, but the internet can still work.

This is only week one. The fun hasn't even started.

Last edited:

Draser

L3: Member
May 17, 2010
i would so like to join in on this :D...too late unfortunately

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
Vote: NerdBoy.
What were you expecting?

Also, I'm just wondering, do the traitors actually know who the other traitors are? I assume if that was the case, you'd have PM'd them. If this is modelled after TTT, I'm not sure (I haven't played it much) but if it was modelled after Mafia, they would. Please clarify, or failing that, inform me of my idiotic blindness and indicate where I missed your clear statement of this particular situation.

(hey, can't say I'm open to the possibilities)

Also also, what's our actual plan for working out who is an actual mafia member? Let's face it, if we choose to randomly vote someone out, there's a majority chance that the person voted out is a townsman. Theoretically, I could have an ulterior motive if i was trying to save icarus, as I theoretically knew he was a mafia (assuming the above, and also assuming I'm a mafia member, which I'm not, although thats what a mafia member would say) but the reality is that we should try to find a strategy to make every lynch count.

So what are we gonna do? Please provide REASONING behind each statement, because to be honest, that's the best way to limit mafia activity.

Last edited:

Numerous

Oct 14, 2009
Aly, what do you mean? Do you mean you told the other mafia who each other mafia member is? Or do you mean they'll talk to eachother and work it out? Because I doubt that'd be easy for them, considering that if they hinted to the wrong right person (ie a vanilla townsperson) and that person figured it out, BAM! easy lynch when said person records proof and posts it here.

Also, it just occurred to me that we could blow this system so hard the thread will start showing cracks, if we were to just take screenshots of the original PM indicating what we are and post them here, or to forward it to someone.

I'm assuming it won't be allowed, but if they ARE then I intend to post mine COMMITTING COMPLETELY AND IRREVOCABLY HERE to show I'm an innocent.

It just occurred to me that we have a forward button, but we don't have any way to stop 2 people both forwarding their statuses to eachother without them knowing, although there would be a MASSIVE risk if the mafias tried to do that, considering that innocents showing that they're definitely innocent to a mafia isn't much help anyways. So basically, we win if we're allowed to forward those PMs.

EDIT: WAIT NVM ABOUT THE FORWARDING PMS it's in the rules. Although it says "quote" so TECHNICALLY there's nothing against forwarding em or taking screenshots..

Last edited:

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
the fun police is here. everyone is under arrest. cuff em boys.

Okrag

Wall Staples
aa
Jun 10, 2009
Anyone with common sense should be able to tell that cheating is against the rules.

Draser

L3: Member
May 17, 2010
ok, so let me get this straight (for, hopefully, the next time you guys play this and im in it :D) The Thread Poster is the moderator, and the guy who randomly decides who is what.

You can be:
A. A mafia Member
B. A townsperson.
C. The Inspector.

Once the game is filled with people, the moderator sends a PM to everyone, telling everyone what he/she is. He also keeps record as to who is what, so near the end of the game, he can tell how many mafia/townspeople there are.

Ok. and that was just prep work.
Now for the actual game play.

First Day:
Everyone votes using the "Vote: (player)/Unvote: (Player)" syntax.
Once there is a vote where everyone nominates one person, or whoever has the most votes at the end of the week, that person is killed/kicked outa town. Before they are officially killed though, they get one final statement. Once they are dead/kicked outa town: This disables them from making any more comments regarding who/what they were, or their speculations on who anybody else is.

First night:
This part is a little fuzzy for me: Do the mafia members start a new thread? Or Do they chat in steam? Or do they msg each other through tf2maps?

Any way they do it, it doesn't really matter as long as they get privacy from the townspeople.
So they chat, and figure out who to "kill" from the remaining people.
(After the first night, all the mafia members know who are mafia, and who are not, however, they do NOT know which person is the inspector.)

Once they Are done discussing who to kill (they have 48 hours to do so,) one of the mafia sends a PM to the Moderator, telling him/her who they killed.

Then the Moderator sends a PM to the Inspector, telling the inspector he's ready for his assessment of the situation. (Basically the inspector get one guess per night as to who is a mafia member, and the moderator tells him yes or no. thats it.)

Day 2-whenever

Chat a bunch on who to kick out/kill. The inspector now knows at least one person who is/isn't a Mafia Member. He can tell everyone that he is the inspector, thus pretty much guaranteeing that the inspector is chosen next to die. (Might want to wait until you are sure there aren't any more mafia members before telling them this.)

Did i get all that correct? Or did i mess something up?

sniprpenguin

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 14, 2008
The moderator knows all, and if competent, nothing goes wrong, draser.

And could we stop with the spamclutter and continue with the actual game? I think there's still one or two people who are in that haven't even voted yet.

And, to defend myself, I want to speed this up because I don't want it taking 2 months, Rikka. If I was better at convincing people, I'd totally vote against you for your accusation that I may be mafia. I'm as clean as a urinal in the ladies' restroom!

Numerous

Oct 14, 2009
I vote that the "day" made up of a week be hereby known as "daytime", as to avoid confusion with the REAL "days".
So, a daytime is 7 days, and then there's a night time period of 48 hours, and then another daytime etc etc, right?

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
That is correct. Daytime ends at roughly Thursday, 10AM GMT..ish.

Numerous, the idea is you shouldn't do that. The premise of the game is to exercise your deduction and mystery-solving skills. You can say what your role IS, and what it entails, but not exactly the same wording as the PM or a screenshots. Just type it yourself.

The mafia know who they each are and can communicate. I'd think they'd do it via steam as it's fastest, but they can do it however they want.

Last edited:

Rikka

Feb 10, 2009
An important aspect being skipped out on here is interrogating people. Which is being ignored in favor of the "I just want the day to go fast" excuse sniprpenquin is using.

And really, "I'd vote you except no one will believe me?" My god you're scummy.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Nevermind that. I've second guessed myself.

Last edited:

Rikka

Feb 10, 2009
Not cool nrd. It's fine to clutter this thread up. Avoid the edit button like the plague.

This is a game of information, and once you put your information up you don't remove it.