TF2M Motivational Thread.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
and grazr: if posts on an internet forum stress you out maybe you should take a break or something, there's no reason to worry about trolls like me saying stupid things

It's not about forum posts at all, you're missing the bigger picture; it's certainly not about trolls either. This is about more important things than someone making witty retorts on the internet. I have to think about the community a lot as i have to run where people do all their business. The whole server crit fiasco was an example of people making demands that weren't realistic. Two sides of the community demanding that the other sacrifice their ideals. But i also have to deal with people coming to me on a weekly basis over steam regarding other community members. Members throw their ego around, people have short tempers, people who are stubborn and argumentative, some traits of which even i have been known to show at times.

For example the amount of complaints i recieved about Selentic's alt steam account being active in the servers after his original was perma-banned. I didn't ban Selentic despite the overwhelming community voice to do so, because although i frequently had to gag him to stop him spamming server chat, he wasn't trolling gameplay and his presence in the not-full server was a positive one. Naturally this annoyed some members, but as an admin you have to make choices that are fair and far sighted, and also difficult. I could easily have banned him there and then because someone asked me, or for personal reasons, or to be a troll.

Last edited:

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I think I'd like to recognize Doom. I am kinda hard on him sometimes about his maps, and I think a lot of people are, but despite that he never stops working on them, never stops experimenting, never gives up and never loses his optimistic outlook. Beyond that, he's always offered me advice and help when I need it most, and despite what Seba implies I need it a lot. So yes. Doom is good.

Sure he can be a giant dick at times, but that applies to pretty much everyone ever.
FYI I try to keep it toned down so if I seem especially pissed off about something tell me to cool it! I'm just a blunt guy and the internet doesn't give me any help seeming like I'm not constantly pissed off.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
and he is a pancake!

smile-pancake-3.jpg

TheBladeRoden

L420: High Member
Oct 26, 2007
aww I thought the intent of this thread was going to be to help motivate us to work on our long forgotten maps. :unsure:

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
Supersandvich. Every time I get pissed off at humanity like I do all the time, if it's because of somebody in the chat, you do the same thing an hour and a half of organizing a messy backroom in solitude while repeating a playlist of three songs on my iPod does. You make me not snap and yell. Something as simple as calling somebody a poopface at the right time does it. You Sir, are awesome. Thanks.

StickZer0

💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Something as simple as calling somebody a poopface at the right time does it. You Sir, are awesome. Thanks.

I think we've all been on the receiving end of one of these before, and I frankly did not enjoy my experience being called a poopface :(

Feb 14, 2008
Shoutout to Muffin for vaguely knowing each other by a different community months before we joined TF2Maps

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009
I think we've all been on the receiving end of one of these before, and I frankly did not enjoy my experience being called a poopface :(

I've been called a poopface by him before. And it made me laugh. So I think you're just too emotional.

...poopface

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Feel like maybe this should be brought back again. Why? Because some motivation and togetherness time never hurt anyone. We also have some new active members

Ezekel - Fantastic guy. I really enjoy chatting with him about everything, from physics, to magnets to food. Great guy to bounce idea's off of. He's also helped me out a LOT with my programming class (Thanks!). Ezekel has contributed a lot for the source games (You should totally pay attention to Alien Swarm updates) and has contributed a lot to this community.

Thanks Ezekel (E-zek-l ... not, Ezekiel as I always say)

Verumae

L1: Registered
Jun 16, 2011
Fr0zen is just all around awesome

he's always nice and sometimes funny and always spewing out astronomy crap but overall he's a pretty cool guy, 10/10 A++++++++++++++++ would read again

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
Everyone who is part of TF2Maps.net

The community is the main reason why I map.

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
Why has nobody said ABS (someone probably did but I didn't read most of the posts)? I remember when I was active (lol) ABS was the grandfather sage man.

oh shit man I've been so inactive I just realized this whole thread is like 6 months old

oops

Last edited:

Terwonick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 25, 2010
Yyler, this guy never gives up, and is never afraid to give his honest-to-God opinion, good for him.

Nine, cause no matter how many time I PM him, he only gets a little POed... no, he legitimately is a pretty cool guy, I don't think I'd ever get 1/2 the mapping I did done without him.