TF2 map installation and Crossover Games for Mac

DrKibaTatsu

L1: Registered
May 17, 2010
Okay so I downloaded tr_walkway for TF2 and I play TF2 on Crossover games on my Mac laptop. How do I install it?

Feb 14, 2008
Now, I have no idea where program files are located in Mac, nor if the Steam directory is the same layout. However, if it is anything like Windows (probably not), there'll be a folder named Steam somewhere in a folder that programs are stored in. If you go through Steam/steamapps/<STEAMLOGINNAME>/Team Fortress 2/tf/maps, is the folder maps should be put in. <STEAMLOGINNAME> should be a folder named after your steam login name.

Then again, this is Mac, so it could be completely and utterly different.

A Boojum Snark: it begins

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Crossover Games/Bottles/winxp/c_drive/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/<yoursteamusername>/Team Fortress 2/tf/maps

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Crossover Games/Bottles/winxp/c_drive/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/<yoursteamusername>/Team Fortress 2/tf/maps

Jesus christ that seems so cluttered and a pain in the ass.

Marcel

L1: Registered
Nov 23, 2011

where do i even put the URL?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
It's a folder directory on your computer.

Custom maps are stored in a map folder in your steam directory (Official maps are stored in an encrypted, compressed file format called an FGD but you don't need to worry about that). If it doesn't exist, then create a folder called "maps" in your tf directory and drag and drop the .bsp into it.

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
If memory serves, in Crossover there should be a menu option that should take you directly to the directory that makes up the faux-drive that the specific bottle uses.

Any particular reason you're just not using the native version, though?