team fortress 3

fauks

L2: Junior Member
Jul 7, 2013
If it has a built-in competitive ranking system it's going to take a lot of the half-casual/half-comp TF2 player base away. All those people that think MOBA are a little too boring, but TF2 is just about hats nowadays.
It looks like a fighter-fps-moba mix.

BigBros

L3: Member
Aug 20, 2014
I love the look of the game, and will be definately be getting it when it comes out. I love how the women (some) it are not overly sexualised, wearing suitable armour and not skimpy nothingness...

The classes look unique and interesting, but the game at the moment looks really complicated. At the moment the levels look way too visually complicated, and there seems to be way to many different classes, having to watch out/remember how to play and the dangers of all the classes. The levels do look amazing, but at the moment way to visually dynamic.

It will never replace TF2 in my mind, it just looks way too different. Also, unless Blizzard makes the game F2P, it will never truly compete with TF2. Especially without the hats. Signing up to the beta as we speak.

ibex

aa
Sep 1, 2013
Not exactly a great source, but here.

Kinda worrying that the "modding" seems to be limited, and there are no dedicated servers. Did they not research the PC FPS market?

Moonfixer

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 23, 2014
Speaking of overwatch, I'm really looking forward to it. It seems to be doing many interesting things. I suppose I am just waiting on how their payment model will work. I'll continue to play tf2 as well. Yup. I said it.
:wow:

Haromnyuszi

L2: Junior Member
Oct 20, 2010
I wanted to speak my mind abaute this game some where so here I go...

I think that while mechanicly this game could be the best thing ever (no one knows yet), the things we already see (graphics and visual design in general) is really really not my style (tastles crap). I have this problem with a lot of games in general like Starcraft or even the new Cs Go to some extent. I love the way the game feels but the visuals repuls me. TF2 is one of the only fps where I really find the art style perfect thats why I map for it. I love the characters and the colors and the humor. While thisI think this game lacks moast of it and dosent feel like something I could ever engage with like I do with TF2.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Apparently this game has a fixed fov of vertical 60 because they didn't want to give an unfair advantage to people who know what a fov slider is

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Not exactly a great source, but here.

Kinda worrying that the "modding" seems to be limited, and there are no dedicated servers. Did they not research the PC FPS market?

Well, I personally don't view this as a traditional FPS: more as a MOBA, so the lack of dedicated servers doesn't even bother me.

ReachForASkybox

L1: Registered
Jun 3, 2015
Hey! Valve. You got competition now.

So... maybe try to outdo them? Please?

EDIT: This actually feels more Evolve or MOBA esque to me. More focus on characters than new weapons.

Last edited: