PL Swiftwater (swift revisited)

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

What Is Schwa

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 13, 2008
Nooooo!! You RUINED IT!

So - is there any reason to fix this? Do enough people even play swift any more? Is this exploit widely known? Are servers not running it anymore because of the bug?

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
It's been running on 2f2f for about 6 months now, in one form or another.

It's impossible to play it without someone using that exploit, so definitely something you ought to fix.

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
a'ight well. You all have had 6+ months to find stuff you hate. List your grievances or forever hold your peace. You only get one more chance.

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
Also, any engy sitting on an exploit - if you post your exploit AFTER I release the final I will hunt you don't and cram a dispenser where the sun don't shine.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
a'ight well. You all have had 6+ months to find stuff you hate. List your grievances or forever hold your peace. You only get one more chance.

Alright, I'll ask around and see what I can gather from the community.

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
In re-opening this I've gotten carried away. I streamlined Red spawn into a single better looking base. CP3 is slightly tweaked to remove the lower cage and let all players roam that area. CP4 has gotten some attention too, including a new staircase and a rebuilt lower section. I'm tweaking spawn times in relation to some of the changes so I think I'll need a longer testing phase.

Since I'm doing so much work I'm willing to take any other suggestions. Seriously, lay 'em out.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
OK. This has to be the most ridiculous nitpick you've ever gotten, but the colors of the Swift logo are way too bright compared to the rest of the map. Like it was painted in fluorescent paint or something. Keep in mind that printing -- and paint -- cannot produce the full range of colors that a screen can. Notice how muted the colors are in the default sign textures next time you're in Hammer. Even the white is dull.

Nothing else seems out of line to me. This is one of my favorite payload maps, honestly.

Jamster

L1: Registered
Oct 28, 2008
Nice, I am really glad you are working on a new version, I think with a few tweaks swiftwater could go from a good map to an amazing map, from what your post says you're on track.

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
I'll have a test release out tonight. This version is going to see a HUGE improvement in frame rate. I've learned a lot (thanks Rexy!)

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
If an engy is clever enough to get up there I don't see why he shouldn't be able to build. It isn't overpowered - that position is pretty easy to take out.

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
Okay was playing today.. no idea how I have never seen this before but.

This is just outside blu first spawn, far right exit.
Displacement caused me to become stuck and had to kill myself

PMAvers

Jan 29, 2008
Random weird thing I noticed:

There's a pair of blue and yellow barrels up on the ledge above the final point that are floating. Didn't grab a screenshot, will jump back in and grab one if needed.

sighmon

L1: Registered
Apr 1, 2010
Nooooo!! You RUINED IT!

So - is there any reason to fix this? Do enough people even play swift any more? Is this exploit widely known? Are servers not running it anymore because of the bug?

We play Swiftwater quite a few times per day over at www.No-Heroes.com. It's a regular on our Payload Extreme server. Nice map. We don't mind the engies building on the cliff over the second CP since it's easy enough to take down.

PMAvers

Jan 29, 2008
Played a few rounds yesterday of the new version. Looking good, other than the things mentioned...

...although, the new RED spawn for the third and fourth point is a bit confusing. Players on RED new to the map, when it comes to that point, just seem to get spawled out by accidentally going right instead of left. Probably could use one of those Goldrush-style pop-up signs that point in the right direction. (Maybe right in the center where those ghostly computer consoles are that disappear and re-appear as you enter the lobby area?)

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
??

That isn't the Final Release Candidate =(

Apr 19, 2009
Nope I guess FM has yet to add the new version to the servers. It looks like its still running old swiftwater. :S

EDIT I got another thing you might want fix: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fYxB0ggXNE"]YouTube- TF2 - BUSH SENTRIES[/nomedia]
(Skip the first 20 seconds)

Last edited: