PL Swiftwater (swift revisited)

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

What Is Schwa

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 13, 2008
That is way awesome man! Thanks for all the pics, I'll fix all those right away. To hammer!

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
pl_swiftwater_a60001.jpg

The font colour. It clashes terribly with it's surroundings. Try making it a bit more red or desaturating it a bit.

In fact many of your overlays could use a little desaturating.

Love this map, can't wait for you to finish it.

Last edited:

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
Bump for important update regarding gameplay.

1) Blu forward spawn has been moved back slightly and is larger.
2) Clipping above trees removed, new push approach taken to keep players off the top
3) CP3 allow red to access more of the buildigs

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
Bump for build 11 update

1) Fixed shortcut door not opening
2) Added water to ditch

taraph75

L1: Registered
Apr 23, 2009
We just barely playtested this Saturday, but now I'm not sure which version it was (dl on Saturday I believe). We thought it was great. Here are some of the comments from the playtest:

Pros

-New paths, even though I didn't see them
Cons

-Train sound, its cool, but it plays through the whole map. Even when the train isn't nearby

Comment : Great map, don't know what I'd change other than the train sound.

Pros:
-Multiple routes
-Good amount of ammo/health
-Lots of defense/offense options
Cons:
-Constant train sound? Thats about all I can think of. I really liked this map

We liked it enough to change the rotation to include it instead of swift_final. However, there are still some people wanting the last point to be changed in some way. With the set up it is, engies can really own on defense, or else without engies, blu can roll easily to cap last. There's not a lot of other ways to defend the last point, and that could really hinder comp tourn play since most of the time, they're not wanting to run an engy.

We really did enjoy, and will update our server with the current versions.

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
I may have fixed that annoying train sound in a11.

Ambient Generics never seem to work like I think they should. For example, the "max audible distance" doesn't seem to do much, and the volume was set at 1 out of 10. If anyone could point me to a tutorial or expand on how they work I'd appreciate it.

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
Updated to build 16.

The outdoor area before cp4 has been significantly reworked. Lots of other minor tweaks.

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
Updated to Release Candidate. Will be uploading to FPSB and posting on message boards.

I'm pretty sure I'm done doing any major tinkering, now I'm just looking for more bugs. Thanks everyone who played!

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
Are you planning to release your custom overlays and textures to the public? Be a shame for all of that work to go to waste.

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
Also, your download has a [1] in the name :p

Right click on the file and backspace that [1] way so the end of it just reads .bsp
That will fix your problem.

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
Wait is the download screwy for you guys? Clicking the button works just fine for me.

Phobos

L3: Member
Feb 22, 2009
The new forward spawn is so much better than the old one, in every aspect. Brilliant.

You might want to adjust the color of the rocks in the first area besides Shifty's Quickshot (towards the capping point). They look like they're in the shadow of something, but they're actually in the sunlight.

And, yeah, I'm also not too fond of the bright Swift logo on the tanks (the one in the first and the one in the last area). It's not too distracting, but changing them to the (better) toned down version adds consistency.

FLOOR_MASTER

L3: Member
Mar 10, 2008
There are still significant improvements that can be made in the latest rc based on several 16v16 playtests we've conducted. If you're still open to making changes, I can offer more detailed feedback.

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
I am interested Floor Master, I'm delaying another release so servers can play the RC for a while and get a feel for how it plays.

I know you run a popular server and I really appreciate you (and EVERY server op) hosting it. Further, any real stats you can provide would help tremendously in balancing and tweaking.

Last edited:

captainAngry

L420: High Member
Feb 1, 2009
Best part of this map? People telling me they can't download it from my server because it contains the word twat and it is being filted by their ISP.

Anyway, i'll be updating this on my server and will post the demo as soon as we play it, provided it hasn't gone final by then.