PL Swiftwater (swift revisited)

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

What Is Schwa

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 13, 2008
I did smaller tests with RC2. I don't want to overwhelm server ops with too many versions. For example, I'm rolling in the suggested changes that result from this build into an RC4 and will privately test that. Assuming all goes well I'll be releasing after that.

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
I dont no if someone renamed your map and distributed it but the other day the server changed to pl_lumberyard. I figured it would be bad but i figured mine as well try it. After the download it was pl_swift.

Anyone else scene this?

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
I did smaller tests with RC2. I don't want to overwhelm server ops with too many versions. For example, I'm rolling in the suggested changes that result from this build into an RC4 and will privately test that. Assuming all goes well I'll be releasing after that.

Remember 2f2f will test even the smallest of iterations if you msg me

Phobos

L3: Member
Feb 22, 2009
Some graphical feedback: There is a light/shadow seam at the 3rd cp (fuel line). And the sawblade at red spawn doesn't spin. It has some motion blur effect on it, but it remains static which makes it look weird.

There are two other things I noticed, although I can't tell if they 100% map related. In the final area were two textures flickering when I was some distance away from them. It got better the closer I got.

And the console was flooded with strange error messages regarding the bone setup of the scout model (I was playing Scout on my playthrough) after capping cp 3.

Don

L2: Junior Member
Jun 3, 2009
This map is my no.1 favorite PL. It has beaten Hoodoo since it is RC1 (No offence Youmee, I perfer Alpine). I've done my best round as a spy in this map and as a sniper too. If ever valve has to add a Pl map, it has to be this one!

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
In the final area were two textures flickering when I was some distance away from them. It got better the closer I got.
I've asked for help from other people with that problem, and so far no-one has come up with a solution. I cannot replicate the problem, and the texture is the same as all the other custom textures.

And the console was flooded with strange error messages regarding the bone setup of the scout model (I was playing Scout on my playthrough) after capping cp 3.
I can't replicate this either. Anyone else experience this?

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
Update re: flickering.

Problem solved. I wasn't using $decal.

Stupid mistake on my part, I can't believe it took this long to fix. Thanks to all those who have kept reminding me about it =)

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
Updated to Final.

Thanks for everyone's support over the past year. I couldn't have made this map without TF2maps - there truly is no better mapping community in the world.

UFO

L2: Junior Member
May 20, 2009
I really like this map. It's awesome! I think Valve will knock on your door asking to include it in the next update. But before this, I should say about two things:

1. Bad engineer may catch all the team into the trap. Place there func_nobuild:
plswiftwater0001.jpg

plswiftwater0002.jpg

2. Too short trunk for the tree:
plswiftwater0004.jpg

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
Congratulations for the release !
One of my favourite maps, since the gameplay "fixes" in Swiftwater (I didn't like Swift that much tbh) :)

Last edited:

MisterNine

L1: Registered
Dec 28, 2009
Today was our first day running this map on my server. The response was great. Download times can make or break each player's decision to join the server so the small file size is so refreshing to see. Keep up the great work. No complaints here.

AlphaChannel

L1: Registered
Feb 12, 2010
Glad that exploit got posted. I came here to report that exact one. Guy really ruined a game with that one.